Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Regina Prudnikova and her tooth of Jewish gold.......

Article about: An astonishing story about Lithuanian Regina Prudnikova I just found on the USHMM "Some were neighbours" website: United States Holocaust Memorial Museum : Some Were Neighbors Part

Default Regina Prudnikova and her tooth of Jewish gold.......

An astonishing story about Lithuanian Regina Prudnikova I just found on the USHMM "Some were neighbours" website:

United States Holocaust Memorial Museum : Some Were Neighbors

Part of the interview transcript:

INTERVIEWER: Well, but the Jews—they must have had all kind of golden rings.
    PRUDNIKOVA: Well yeah, they did have. They probably were searched at the spot because they were forced to undress until they were naked there, you see. Some of them, the richer ones, were undressed naked and their teeth were extracted too. Even I bought one tooth, because I needed an implant.
    INTERVIEWER: You bought a tooth?
    PRUDNIKOVA: Yeah. Yes.
    INTERVIEWER: Oh, so one could buy a tooth?
    PRUDNIKOVA: Yes, a gold one. I don’t know how much I paid, but not much. When the Russians came, I bought the tooth form a woman named Mrs. Didžiūnas.
    INTERVIEWER: And where is that tooth now?
    PRUDNIKOVA: Here. [Points to a gold tooth in her mouth]
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

?

Default Re: Regina Prudnikova and her tooth of Jewish gold.......

Jeeez....!

We know of it, but still its incredible to witness.

The banality of evil.

My German grandmother was 13 years old during Kristallnacht, and she told me that they were let out of school earlier than usual that afternoon...On her way home with her schoolmates she witnessed the shops being smashed, with leather handbags littering the street...These girls began picking them up but were stopped by a policeman and ordered to turn the items in at the police-station...She also found a small Crucifix on the street, which she kept for years afterwards...All that's left of the Synagogue is a memorial plaque and a single brick wall with a windowframe...My great-grandmother was befriended with the Rabbi's elderly wife, Berta Suess, and provided her with extra food until she was reported and had to appear for a warning...Berta Suess was murdered in Riga, in 1942, according to my research with the Holocaust Museum and Simon Wiesenthal Center...My grandmother had a small crystal sugarbowl with the Star of David from Berta Suess but she dropped it shortly before the passed away in 1999...Thanks for the thought-provoking thread,
    cheers, Glenn

speechless.

?

These personal insights into the dark world of the Konzentrationslager system are both humbling and astonishing - we must never let these stories fade away.

On the subject of gold teeth, I was reading some of my study notes recently and recalled a heartbreaking tale from Buchenwald. One young man, incarcerated along with his father, asked the Blockführer for permission to extract his dying father's gold tooth - whilst he was still alive, to prevent it being stolen from him when he passed away. His personal torment cannot be measured, for sure. Just one of countless horrific episodes of the time.

Thanks to 4thskorpion and to you too Glenn for sharing the USHMM link and the personal family story.

Regards,

Carl

Another story of Jewish gold used in dental work is related in the book Was Hitler Ill?, coauthored by medical Prof. Hans-Joachim Neumann from Berlin's Charité University, in which it is claimed that Adolf Hitler had dental fillings made from gold torn from the mouths of Jews in concentration camps. Newspaper story link: Hitler had fillings made from gold torn from mouths of Jews - Telegraph 08 Oct 2009
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

?

If Blaschke did use gold from concentration camp victims, I very much doubt that Hitler knew its origin.

I will never have a gold tooth!!!
    And i mean it!
    |<
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris