Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sachsenhausen Spring 2010

Article about: These photos were recovered from an old hard drive by a friend of mine, cheers mate!... I visited Sachsenhausen with my missus at the end of March 2010, great weather for the time of year!..

Default Sachsenhausen Spring 2010

These photos were recovered from an old hard drive by a friend of mine, cheers mate!...
    I visited Sachsenhausen with my missus at the beginning of April 2010, great weather for the time of year!...Sachsenhausen Spring 2010Sachsenhausen Spring 2010Sachsenhausen Spring 2010Sachsenhausen Spring 2010Sachsenhausen Spring 2010Sachsenhausen Spring 2010Sachsenhausen Spring 2010

Thanks for sharing those, Paul.

The wall paintings of the carrots, turnips and potatoes are of particular interest.

They actually stem from the post-WW2 period, when the occupying Soviet forces put the place to new use as an interment camp. They were made by Hans Fischerkoesen, who was once considered the "German Walt Disney". The Soviets interned him for three years on the accusation of espionage work for the Nazi government and for having produced training films for the Wehrmacht.

?

Thank you Paul. The Sachsenhausen-Oranienburg site is also addressed in the threads linked below.

Regards,

Carl

Sachsenhausen Concentration Camp.. - covers Adrian's visit to the site, also in 2010.

Japanese delegation visits Sachsenhausen 1935 - an interesting thread posted a few years ago, addressing a Japanese delegation's visit to the camp.

thank mate v/nice pics.

Cheers Gunny, I am glad you friend managed to recover the images of your visit. Leon.

Interesting pics gunny , thanks for sharing ,
    Sachsenhausen Spring 2010

?

The image below, captured during a recent study visit, was taken near the Sachsenhausen-Oranienburg site and shows the former "T-Gebäude" ("T-Building"), named as such due to its form. This buidling was the location of the administrative offices for the entire Konzentrationslager system during the years 1938-1945. Nowadays, the building houses the "Centre of Terror" exhibition.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Sachsenhausen Spring 2010  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast