Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

SS Concentration Camp WHIP

Article about: Someone has this to sell, but I want to get some opinions before I negotiate a price. As you can see in the pics--supposedly it came from Dachau camp. I have NO idea about these, so I need s

Default SS Concentration Camp WHIP

Someone has this to sell, but I want to get some opinions before I negotiate a price. As you can see in the pics--supposedly it came from Dachau camp. I have NO idea about these, so I need some help! thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Concentration Camp WHIP   SS Concentration Camp WHIP  

SS Concentration Camp WHIP   SS Concentration Camp WHIP  

SS Concentration Camp WHIP   SS Concentration Camp WHIP  

SS Concentration Camp WHIP  

Default Re: SS Concentration Camp WHIP

Save your money.

Are you sure it's not a S&M piece I'd stay well clear on this!
    not a SS skull for starters hmmpphhh
    René

Fake

Apart from what has been said already, and its a bad one too................

Why would you even want to consider something a tasteless as that?

Hi Guys, I think you will find this is partially original. These items were issue clothes whips: used throughout the German Armed forces and RAD etc. Used to beat dust and dirt from clothing.

The skull is not SS of course, but a Panzer skull.

I have seem these many many times over the years sold as this kind of thing. The inscription might even be period, it looks like, perhaps, a name has been removed from the shaft? But you need to be very dubious of things like that.

Like Kris says, save your money. I also agree with John. Not something I would wish to own either.

Cheers, Ade.

Thanks for all your input. I had never seen anything like this, so that is why I posted it here! I knew I would get results!! I will inform the guy that it is a fake (or at least not a concentration camp piece). He will probably be very mad because he insists that everything he has is original as it came from a family member, but someone has to tell him, so I guess it will be me! thanks again.

Talking Re: SS Concentration Camp WHIP

Quote by excalibr View Post
    Thanks for all your input. I had never seen anything like this, so that is why I posted it here! I knew I would get results!! I will inform the guy that it is a fake (or at least not a concentration camp piece). He will probably be very mad because he insists that everything he has is original as it came from a family member, but someone has to tell him, so I guess it will be me! thanks again.
    Got a link to this site? it would be a nice to see all the original items.

I actually heard another story on these aside from the clothing whip.

It would seem that the British took a liking to Camels in North Africa and would pick the shortest and lightest in each unit and race them in between battles with Rommel.

They would use these whips to make the camel run faster and these races became a big thing. But during one race a German 88 hit the finish line wiping out 7 camels and 6 British, the seventh lost his hump some 600 yards from the finish line saving him from certain death.

Maybe its a rare Camel racing whip?.

K

I have purchased two of these from veterans with the same identification. Ade's information is correct. I have heard they were also used on rugs. They can be period but are definitley not whips from the camps.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

couplefoureight
    ?

Hi, I just listed a original whip for sale at this site. The one here is a fake. No words, just see the difference. A pity all the fake war relics.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast