Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

SS tag,,,,,what is this???

Article about: looks like a clothing tag for a black overcoat to me,,,but is being touted as being from Buchenwald,,,all comments and opinions welcomed,,,

Yes, it is a clothing tag, I've got examples in my own collection that I dug from dump locations.

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    Thank you FB for clarifying what this obscure item is.
    You are welcome. We think usually of RZM tags and other things we discover in items of clothing, but these things are part of the quartermaster system
    and the accountability for the individual garment and so forth.

I have my Bekleidungsunteroffizier handbook which describes the process, but I cannot find it in the pile.

At a given year when these were introduced ca. 193X, the terminology corresponds to the terms used at the time, and this is
    often a detail that eludes fakers. They would be inclined to write "Allgemeine SS" to imply the black items of uniform, and so forth.

To extent that any of these is associated with an SSTV unit, then it surely has a concentration camp provenance of some kind.

I have no idea of how US soldiers found these, other than in the search for souvenirs and so forth.

We have included elsewhere images of the SS supply ware houses in Dachau with the official visit of Hess to the camp in the company of Himmler,
    as well as images of Hitler and Dietrich inspecting bolts of cloth in Lichterfelde; that is bolts of cloth apparently tailored on the spot for uniforms
    for the LAH and so forth.

All of this is based on military customs and procedures that are legendary.

Makes sense now that we know the context of these. I remember bowling alley's back in the 80's using a similar system to keep track of what pairs of shoes were in use, before computers were everywhere. Always fun to see a mystery resolved.

Siehe da.

Get Textbooks on Google Play

Rent and save from the world's largest eBookstore. Read, highlight, and take notes, across web, tablet, and phone.

Go to Google Play Now ยป

My library
    My History
    Books on Google Play

Der Bekleidungsunteroffizier
    Front Cover
    Hess (Amtsrat.)
    Bernard & Graef, 1941 - 59 pages
    0 Reviews

What people are saying - Write a review
    We haven't found any reviews in the usual places.
    Bibliographic information
    QR code for Der Bekleidungsunteroffizier
    Title Der Bekleidungsunteroffizier
    Issue 4 of Der Unteroffizier
    Author Hess (Amtsrat.)
    Publisher Bernard & Graef, 1941
    Length 59 pages

The discovery of this innocuous tag in a hoard adds significant weight to it's likely provenance.
    I am unable to publish images of the hoard as group images are in contravention
    of WRF policy . the content of the hoard are exclusively SS, Schuma , Customs , and police . with the exception of a
    German Cross In Gold and a micrometer?.

What is the legal position of selling a hoard from an ss supply depot in Buchenwald?

We used a similar system in the auto parts warehouse when I worked there in my younger days. Our system was to help us reorder the stocked items. Amazing for their mundane use that they are so numerous. Seems as though GIs' picked up almost anything not nailed down!
    After a seven year pause, I wonder if the OP will ever see the answers?

MAP
    ?

Quote by luftyluftylufty View Post
    The discovery of this innocuous tag in a hoard adds significant weight to it's likely provenance.
    I am unable to publish images of the hoard as group images are in contravention
    of WRF policy . the content of the hoard are exclusively SS, Schuma , Customs , and police . with the exception of a
    German Cross In Gold and a micrometer?.

What is the legal position of selling a hoard from an ss supply depot in Buchenwald?
    The group images issues is more about when someone is looking for evaluations of multiple items. In this case (unless a Mod objects), I would be happy to see photos of this (or any) "hoard" find.....
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Legal position depends on where you intend to sell it. It would not be easy to sell it in Germany, but no doubt someone would buy it should it be offered to sale. Not an easy decision to make.

SS tag,,,,,what is this???

I never intended to show all of this reel however I was unable to crop once uploaded .
    Remarkable SS Traps
    The complete thread on ss cloth was pulled by Bob when I included the hoard picture so for now I will
    use this image ,
    Regards
    B

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3