Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Star of David insignia

Article about: I want to sell my Dutch Jew star but I don't know what to ask for it. Hopefully someone could help me with that. Kind Regards, Michael

Default re: Star of David insignia

From what i can see of it, the German star that is partly visible beneath the Dutch stands a much better chance at being authentic than the piece you posted. Sorry, but I definitely do not have a good initial impression of this Dutch one, and like Youthcollector1, I've also handled many originals(and fakes) over the last half a century.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Take a look at these links :

Apeldoorn en de oorlog: Jodenvervolging

Star of David Cloth Patch - Sydney Jewish Museum

Miep Gies :: Friendship with the Frank family

And I can find many more not perfect straight stars on websites with only donations showed there..

Which one do you mean?

Quote by youthcollector1 View Post
    Well this is funny. I was trying to find you a Original jood star and while doing so in google image I found one which looks just like yours. Even funnier, it's from that known dealer (jewishmemory.info) of holocaust artifacts who has never sold an original. Note the bottom left triangle and how it is larger than the rest.

https://www.google.com/search?q=auth...uroO0saMw0M%3A

Star of David insignia
    Star of David Cloth Patch - Sydney Jewish Museum
    Besides the fact this is a completely different star than yours, many museums have reproductions as well. Believe what you wish sir.

This one is however original.

Once again, note on yours the bottom left triangle. Now compare to this one side by side. There are also many other differences.

A couple of them to note, one is being the print. The OO on yours are off centered: one is larger than the other. While on the original one above, the O's have the same height. Yours is unissued, yet the print is still faded in some areas while the issued one above is still solid. This shows the differences in quality. Yours is also a different material as well as make up. The devil is in the detail.

* another thing is your star looks as if it was cut off the sheet yesterday.
    Last edited by youthcollector1; 06-21-2013 at 11:41 AM.

?

The item is heavily faked. I have no interest whatsoever in collecting these, but I would imagine that the first thing
    somebody who was forced into wearing one, & rebelled & joined the resistance would do would be to destroy
    the thing. Too many fakes of these abound, & too many dodgy dealer & seller tales of provenance!
    Refer post # 3.

Regards
    Brett

I myself have purchased many fakes in the past. It happens to all of us as these stars aren't that well made and can be very tricky. I am truly sorry this happened to you as well.

This one,
    Star of David insignia
    Same make and shape as yours. He is a known dealer that only sells fakes.

* I agree, the Jude star stands a much better chance. I like what I see thus far, but won't past judgment until I see it in its entirety.

I agree with "youthcollector1" opinion. Both the featured "star" and the section of uniform in the background raise doubts in my mind also, for reasons expressed elsewhere in the thread.

update = = =
    ps. Thank you to whom ever revised the original crass title of the thread
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

One more image from a sheet, please compare the detail.
    Star of David insignia

Youthcollector is right on this one. He has shown all of the information that is relevant. So it is up to you Kurt if you would like to take the advice or disregard it.
    Morris

Quote by youthcollector1 View Post
    One more image from a sheet, please compare the detail.
    Star of David insignia
    If I were the German purchasing authority for the illustrated sheet I would sack the production manager for wasting so much cloth!!!

Why were the step and repeats not interleaved to save material especially given the intended use of the end product? The wasteful set-up makes no commercial sense!
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Well documented Cody!!...with reference support. We need more of this on the forum Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast