Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Star of David insignia

Article about: I want to sell my Dutch Jew star but I don't know what to ask for it. Hopefully someone could help me with that. Kind Regards, Michael

Default re: Star of David insignia

Quote by 4thskorpion View Post
    If I were the German purchasing authority for the illustrated sheet I would sack the production manager for wasting so much cloth!!!

Why were the step and repeats not interleaved to save material especially given the intended use of the end product? The wasteful set-up makes no commercial sense!
    Agreed and regretfully I have never seen a answer for this but have always been curious.

Are the stitch markings suppose to be printed on the star like that for a guide line? Or is that another fake give away

Don't worry I only spent less then 100 on this star so that's not the problem , im just curious why it is wrong and want to look at it with another view , who was the maker of the stars ?

"im just curious why it is wrong"

I think I've already explained this.

Quote by Kurt Meyer View Post
    who was the maker of the stars ?
    I don't know for sure who manufactured the "star" for Dutch Jews but I can offer some information about one German manufacturer who might well have printed all of the "Jewish Star" requirement. From my thread regarding Polish Forced Labour:

"...As well as the "P"and "OST" patches the Berliner Fahnenfabrik Geitel & Co later produced the "Jewish star" for which Jews had to pay 10 pfennig each to buy them. Jews, six years and older, had to wear them on their clothing.

The contract for the manufacture of the "Jewish star" was awarded the Berlin Fahnenfabrik Geitel & Co on the basis that it was to be fulfilled within a few days. Nearly a million stars - printed on long rolls of fabric and packed in bales - were delivered on time and the order brought the company 30,000 Reichsmark, which following the normal business practice of the time "if paid within five days of delivery of order" a two percent discount was granted."
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

There is alot of going back and forth on this star. What is the verdict? Real or Fake?

Quote by octavian View Post
    There is alot of going back and forth on this star. What is the verdict? Real or Fake?
    ???

A day late like usual, but I'll throw in my three cents (a penny added in for inflation;-). Not only it's become well known that the fakery surrounding these items is rampant... but where is the wear on the star? Where is the wear? It looks brand new, hmmm... because it is?

And finally, that is NOT a "Jewish" Star of David, it's a NAZI Star of David (assuming we were not discussing a fake here) insignia that Jews were forced to wear.

I personally see a huge distinction there.

This is quite disturbing. I think their was no doubts left this star was a reproduction. Now it's for sale for $300?!? What's even worse is you said you paid less than a hundred. So you make two hundreds dollars off some uneducated collector and get to dump your reproduction??? Wow!

Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

I'm not an active member there, so if anyone here could do something to stop this con, I'd be very grateful.

Quote by octavian View Post
    A Fake and not even a Good one...One that is apparently now being hawked elsewhere for sale for a revolting $300 bucks...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast