Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

A Well Meant Gesture Or Thoughtless?...

Article about: Auschwitz "showers" offend some visitors to the former Nazi camp - CNN.com According to my friends in Krakow it's been a very hot summer in southern Poland, the powers that be deci

Default A Well Meant Gesture Or Thoughtless?...

Auschwitz "showers" offend some visitors to the former Nazi camp - CNN.com

According to my friends in Krakow it's been a very hot summer in southern Poland, the powers that be decided to make visitors to Auschwitz feel more comfortable by installing water mist sprays which has upset some people. Personally i think they shouldn't have bothered, what's a little heat and the sun on your back compared to the suffering that went on!...

What could possibly Go wrong...Go wrong...Gowrong...

Possibly a little more thought was needed in this - but as someone who lives in Kraków, mist sprayers are a common thing for hot days here. They are rolled out quite often, as it gets very humid on hot days, and a cold mist is a great refresher. The fire service put them out outside shopping gallerias, and even across the main old market square (Rynek).

They should just put them on the ground, with the mist spraying up, problem solved.

Honestly, I think people will try to find outrage in the smallest things, I highly doubt there was any disrespect intended by this action, it would be crazy to assume otherwise. An honest mistake, which can be easily rectified.

Well said Iron Hussar!....

Also, I can almost guarantee why they were put up on stilts instead of on the ground... to stop people tripping on them. It's one thing in Rynek, where it's a big flat space. The Auschwitz car park is a bit rough in places, and with the volume of tourists that go through there all it takes is one lawsuit happy person to trip on the fire hose.

This is just another example of idiotic ""PC" buffoons creating upset for the sake of upset. What on earth has a mist spray, which is actually a health and safety measure, got to do with what happened during the TR let alone being disrespectful or insensitive?

I would suggest that anyone who is offended by a cooling water spray on a hot day has likely never experienced anything more upsetting than a late bus or train arrival in their silly little existence.

Yes I get the "shower" analogy but I believe it is false and inacccurate. No, actually I think it is BOL***KS.

These people need to get a life and find something that needs worrying about.

I'm sorry but I live in the real world, I am a service veteran and my current employment allows me every day to experience people doing awful things to other people

Now, let's talk about real burning issues like the amazing "gold train"

Regards
    Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

?

If it isn't over 100 degrees what do you need them for ?

We have been having a cold wave in Northeast Oklahoma . The temp has been hovering around 90 degrees.

Weeeell... there have been a few 97 (in your units) days recently, so it's not far off Plus massively humid, so you walk outside and you wonder if you forgot to dry your clothes after washing them.

Bring on the winter.

Getting upset over that is just plain ridiculous. I'm sure that they didn't mean any disrespect.

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    Auschwitz "showers" offend some visitors to the former Nazi camp - CNN.com

According to my friends in Krakow it's been a very hot summer in southern Poland, the powers that be decided to make visitors to Auschwitz feel more comfortable by installing water mist sprays which has upset some people. Personally i think they shouldn't have bothered, what's a little heat and the sun on your back compared to the suffering that went on!...
    Another example of something very similar to "Godwin's Law" striking again.....
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast