Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Zigeunerlager-I Lety (Gypsy Camp Lety)

Article about: One of the groups often ignored when considering the victims of Nazi persecution, and the concentration camp system in particular, are the Roma and Sinti - often referred to as "Gypsies

As ever, a very nicely presented and informative thread.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    As ever, a very nicely presented and informative thread.

Cheers, Ade.
    I'll second that!.....

Thanks, as always, to Carl for his hard work and meticulous research.

The Concentration Camp sub-forum is one of the things that sets the WRF apart from the majority of other collector fora, and its value and significance should not be underestimated.

When focusing on the collecting of Third Reich material, there is always a certain danger to become all too fascinated with the "glossy" side of things as represented by beautifully designed and -crafted artifacts, smart studio portraits, carefully staged war correspondent imagery and rousing newsreel material. An ever-present sober reminder of what the regime actually stood for is a much-needed antidote or, shall we say, vaccination to this danger.

(By the way, I really appreciate our recently-implemented separate "like" and "thanks" buttons. Previously, I couldn't quite bring myself to "like" threads such as this one as it seemed oddly inappropriate to me to respond to a post saying "This is the place where 10,000 people died" with a "...likes this". To "thank" for them is much more fitting.)
    Last edited by HPL2008; 07-13-2014 at 02:52 PM.

Nicely put.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Well said sir!....

?

Thank you gents. God willing, there will be plenty more to come.

HPL, I appreciate your sincerity regarding the matter, again, I thank you for your kind words and also for your indefatigable assistance offered to the forum and the membership.

Regards,

Carl

Hello Carl, thanks for this informative thread, I do remember reading an account from an eye witness at one of the larger camps (I cannot remember which) of the Gypsies being contained there over many years, they were slightly better looked after in that case than the Jewish interns but overnight they suddenly all went "missing"! I guess the Reich suddenly decided that they were of no "higher" value. Very sad indeed and yet another section of society that is sadly over looked in many accounts of the holocaust!
    As for the "barracks", they almost look like rail cars that have been chopped in two, maybe they just adapted that design and got a rail stock manufacturer or alike to make them? Leon.

?

I certainly hope you write books about your studies Carl.

?

Thank you Carl for another well written research on this subject. I agree with SteveR. This information you have gathered should be made into Books.

Semper Fi
    Phil

?

Very interesting as always Carl, thanks for sharing!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast