Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Zigeunerlager-I Lety (Gypsy Camp Lety)

Article about: One of the groups often ignored when considering the victims of Nazi persecution, and the concentration camp system in particular, are the Roma and Sinti - often referred to as "Gypsies

?

Of special note are these two signs shown in the attachment below. They indicate the distance to both Lidice and Ležáky, the two villages razed to the ground as part of the reprisals for the assassination of SS-Obergruppenführer Reinhard Heydrich in 1942. The signs are located at the exit of the car park area at the Lety memorial exhibition. Also below, two links addressing the sites:

http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/after-...lezaky-238587/

Lidice
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Zigeunerlager-I Lety (Gypsy Camp Lety)  

?

Thread below addressing the Berlin Memorial to the Sinti and Roma

Berlin - Memorial to the Sinti and Roma

?

Recently, the Czech government has announced plans to purchase the site where the pig farm now stands. This is a very significant move as the site should now, at long last, begin to see major redevelopment and eventually, a memorial to honour the Roma and Sinti who suffered and died at the camp will be established in its place. The government will spend some 450 million Czech Crowns (cca €17.5 million / 20.6 million USD) to acquire the site.

Carl
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Zigeunerlager-I Lety (Gypsy Camp Lety)  

?

Soon, this...will be a thing of the past...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Zigeunerlager-I Lety (Gypsy Camp Lety)   Zigeunerlager-I Lety (Gypsy Camp Lety)  

?

And the floral tributes will no longer adorn the fences of such an inappropriate facility...

?

Just returned from a visit to the newly opened memorial museum at Hodonin, the Moravian location mentioned earlier in this thread and site of the Nazis other Zigeunerlager. I shall try to create a thread addressing the new museum when I have time but wanted to mention a video that plays inside the exhibition building, showing a feature on excavation work carried out at Lety in recent times. Just 20cm below the surface, drainage ditches that surrounded the barracks and carbonised beams from the main support structure of the administration building were found, along with small personal items such as decorative beads that were lost within the barrack used to hold women and girls. Images and a link to the new thread, addressing Hodonin memorial, will be posted later.

Carl

?

Finally, after years of campaigning, the new memorial has at last been established and is now open.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknew...3&ei=7#image=1
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Zigeunerlager-I Lety (Gypsy Camp Lety)   Zigeunerlager-I Lety (Gypsy Camp Lety)  

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3