Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Photos with DLV55 dagger.

Article about: Colleagues, with this post I want to "ask audience" for help. I'm currently collecting information on DLV55 Dagger, ultimately with the view to create a reference website on manufa

?

Default Photos with DLV55 dagger.

Colleagues, with this post I want to "ask audience" for help. I'm currently collecting information on DLV55 Dagger, ultimately with the view to create a reference website on manufactures of this dagger and their peculiar features. This dagger along with the SA dagger was one of the earliest patterns of edged weapon of the Third Reich. Also the time of creation of these daggers almost coincide. Due to my previous research on FHH dagger I had to scrutinize a huge amount of period photos from all available on-line stock image companies, so I`ve seen really many images, but I`m sure that in private collections there might be unknown to me images that can help clarify some issues and with my research in general. So, if anybody has information or relevant images, I`d be very thankful for your help. Below there is some information to consider:
    1. The earliest photo of the DLV55 dagger is dated January 1934, Goering and Hitler at the premiere of the film "Wilhelm Tell."
    2. Summer 1934. Goering wearing a dagger. credit: Deutsche Lufthansa/W.P.B.R. Saris
    3. An interesting photo of a group of LF officers in a new uniform introduced after 1935, but some of them wearing long daggers.
    4. Walter Wever since September 1, 1933, the commander of the Reichsluftfahrtministerium. Since March 1, 1935, he became the first Chief of Staff of the Luftwaffe. Image as of 1936.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Photos with DLV55 dagger.   Photos with DLV55 dagger.  

Photos with DLV55 dagger.   Photos with DLV55 dagger.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Photos with DLV55 dagger.
    P
    Many

The dagger was announced with a letter from February 17, 1934 from
    the Reichsminister der Luftfahrt (L.D. Nr. 344/34 geh. Kdos.D IV).
    I thought the development was started in about November 1933 (when
    the uniform was introduced - a dagger was not yet included). Surely
    Göring will have worn it as the first person.

PS; are you sure the person is Wever with the fourth photo. To me
    he looks to be Milch? But I am not good with faces!
    Last edited by Wilhelm Saris; 09-13-2018 at 02:04 PM.

?

Quote by Wilhelm Saris View Post
    PS; are you sure the person is Wever with the fourth photo. To me
    he looks to be Milch? But I am not good with faces!
    The person is mentioned as Wever by Getty images and other photo archives. I`ve just posted other photos for comparison featuring Erhard Milch visiting National Flight day on the 1st April 1934 in Berlin. This photo features Milch wearing a dagger, but unfortunately there is only a slight trace of the dagger that can be seen. I`m trying to find other images from this event where the dagger could be seen properly.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Photos with DLV55 dagger.   Photos with DLV55 dagger.  

?

Photos with DLV55 dagger.Photos with DLV55 dagger.