Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

SA or SS dagger? take a look at this 1937 NY City Photo

Article about: by youthcollector1 So he is wearing a Brownshirt similar to this? Yes. The last photo on this site...: KARANLI ...was taken at the same occasion. Under enlargement, the anchor devices on the

I know nothing besides what I've seen on the history channel about the American Bund, so I don't know how similar their uniforms were to the NSDAP, but the gentlemen in front appears to be wearing a early Political Leaders uniform, though I'm not sure what the raute is for.
    There's also two other members of the NSKK in the background, and considering the circumstances of travel, I'd expect to see some members of the Navy or Marine there too.
    Interesting about the sheath of the NSKK dagger, Larry, I didn't know that.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA or SS dagger? take a look at this 1937 NY City Photo
    P
    Many

Great photo, Larry

Yes, very cool that this is in NY! Chicago also had a strong Bund membership but trying to find collectibles now is like finding diamonds in my back yard. I'm sure things exist in private collections and change hands through those circles but they are very difficult to acquire.

Mark
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

Quote by Greenhorn View Post
    Great photo, Larry

Yes, very cool that this is in NY! Chicago also had a strong Bund membership but trying to find collectibles now is like finding diamonds in my back yard. I'm sure things exist in private collections and change hands through those circles but they are very difficult to acquire.

Mark
    I've seen stickpins and other smalls pop-up now and then actually. Shockingly, the pricing of those items were quite low, guess due to the rarity there aren't as many collectors of American Bund items.

These uniforms, including the cuffs which denote the rank, are very similar to German Kriegsmarine Fregattenkapitän Reefer Jackets, though they're missing the breast eagle and exhibit a few other differences. It appears the man wearing this in the back left corner of the photo may be wearing a medal bar, and the others appear to be wearing something that resembles a EK1.
    Just thinking out loud now.
    SA or SS dagger? take a look at this 1937 NY City Photo
    Last edited by youthcollector1; 11-21-2013 at 04:28 PM.

Quote by youthcollector1 View Post
    I've seen stickpins and other smalls pop-up now and then actually. Shockingly, the pricing of those items were quite low, guess due to the rarity there aren't as many collectors of American Bund items.
    I have seen one stickpin a couple of times too. And that stickpin I passed on twice because it doesn't look convincing at all. If you happen to see something in the future, please give me a shout if you remember. Chicago and NY couldn't possibly be too proud of this sort of history and it just gets buried. Lived here most of my life and worked in the LOOP for some years and never came across a single Bund reference or item.
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

Great info Gents !! So can we say that this man is NSKK? Is this positive so as the photo I will copy it and move it to the SA in wear photo thread. I will leave this thread open for further discussion Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Great info Gents !! So can we say that this man is NSKK? Is this positive so as the photo I will copy it and move it to the SA in wear photo thread. I will leave this thread open for further discussion Regards Larry
    I'm 99.9% sure he is a NSKK signals Truppführer/Oberscharführer. In regards to his rank, considering the probability of the year being prior to 1939, his rank is more likely that of Truppführer, I believe. The ranks name of the staff-senior sergeant within the NSKK didn't change to Oberscharführer till 1939, which lasted until 1945.
    Though I believe this statement to be correct, I am not completely sure the rank of Unterfeldwebel was referred to as Truppführer in the NSKK from 1931-38 as my study of the NSKK is limited at best. This is only my best recollection of the NSKK rank system. Again, sorry if any of the above statement is inaccurate.
    Last edited by youthcollector1; 11-21-2013 at 05:06 PM.

Quote by Greenhorn View Post
    I have seen one stickpin a couple of times too. And that stickpin I passed on twice because it doesn't look convincing at all. If you happen to see something in the future, please give me a shout if you remember. Chicago and NY couldn't possibly be too proud of this sort of history and it just gets buried. Lived here most of my life and worked in the LOOP for some years and never came across a single Bund reference or item.
    I thought you might be interested in this.
    A table medal commemorating ww1 from I beleieve the 1930s.
    This one is in it's original box. the box says--"In memory of the great war
    and your loyalty to the old country"

These were sold or given to customers of "Wollenberger & Co" Chicago.
    Wollenberger was a banker. And these were probably given out like
    they do calendars today. I blocked out the recipients name and address
    in case the family is still around.
    Attached Images Attached Images SA or SS dagger? take a look at this 1937 NY City Photo  SA or SS dagger? take a look at this 1937 NY City Photo 
    Last edited by Chopperman; 11-21-2013 at 09:17 PM.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

inside lid--
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA or SS dagger? take a look at this 1937 NY City Photo  
    gregM

myself around.

Sorry for Hijacking your thread
    gregM

myself around.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast