Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

SA - Sturmabteilung

Article about: NSKK Leader dagger "In Wear"

A more of a dress appearance places the dagger hanging clip beneath the pocket compared to being carried on the service belt. That places it lower..and with the dagger itself being long to begin with will have some "SwingTime" to it.
    The length of this dagger can almost be compared to the Luftwaffe DLV first type.

I would not mind to get hit in the " Nads" by one of these daggers if I presently owned one.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA - Sturmabteilung
    P
    Many

Quote by Larry C View Post
    I would not mind to get hit in the " Nads" by one of these daggers if I presently owned one.
    Perv...

SA or SS dagger in wear by Soviet soldiers Really nice photo which can change our knowledge about this daggers, because if you said that Russian also wore SA daggers, everybody start to laugh at you!

Regards Peter
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA - Sturmabteilung  

Great photo's guy's but while looking at the photo's I noticed on post 10 (Larry's) the guy on the podium wearing the chained dagger, does the suspension chain look odd? It maybe my eyes but I cant work out what chain it is, can anyone tell me what I am missing please? its bugging the hell out of me
    many thanks Ronnie

Hi Ronnie.. Good eyes ...I tried to enlarge it without it pixelating..from what i can see..it is a vertical hanger...or with a double "D" ring connector..hard to see..but if you take alook at the NSKK mann on the right..his snap clip is not the standard type.
    The man on the podium...I can see that his dagger retaining loop is unsnapped to the left. This tells me what ever he is using for a hanger..the retaining loop is present. Regards Larry
    Attached Images Attached Images SA - Sturmabteilung 
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Sorry Larry I meant the one above the one you have re posted, next to the postcard back in post 10 (sorry for confusion) on the chained dagger, it seems to have an unusual chain with an elongated link hope you understand my gibberish
    cheers Ronnie
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA - Sturmabteilung  

The guy on the podium..is none other than SA Leader Viktor Lutze ,, who took Rohms position after Rohms demise. The chain is a one of a kind only worn by him. The center ramp support is slimmer..than the standard SA highleaders center ramp.

Take note of the center ramp position..higher up closer to the upper scabbard fitting. It gives the illusion that the dagger is longer.
    Below is a screaming example..and full view of the chain..including the ornate looking snap clip. Regards Larry

Included below is a close up photo as The Lutze Chained SA dagger resides in a private collection
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA - Sturmabteilung   SA - Sturmabteilung  

Last edited by Larry C; 05-03-2014 at 01:38 AM.

Cheers Larry! fantastic picture of the dagger, sorry I really honestly have no clue of Victor Lutze face and names I will never remember, (always my downfall) thanks for the info,
    cheers Ronnie

Compliments of our own WRF member and author Wilhelm Saris a rare look into an oddity of an SA Mann wearing his SA dagger without the snap clip attached to his "D: ring belt loop. The SA Mann has secured..the hanger itself through the "D" ring making the hanging rig some what permanent to his duty belt. Below are 2 photos and a close up of the Hanger oddity.

SA - Sturmabteilung SA - Sturmabteilung

2 More from Wilhelm Saris...both photos representative of the NSKK the first photo being that of a wedding photo..take notice of the dagger of the NSKK mann who is in the center with his wife....a close eye will reveal that his 3pc hanging rig has the retaining loop securing the top of his dagger..whereas the NSKK mann on the far right..has his retaining loop unsnapped.

SA - Sturmabteilung

The next photo below are 2 NSKK men at a traffic stop..the NSKK mann next to the car shows his dagger with 3 pc hanger in full vertical position..with the early Type I ... "long nosed" "D" ring snap clip

SA - Sturmabteilung

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast