Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

SS - Schutzstaffel

Article about: In wear Chained SS dagger photos with SS Grey Uniform ( photo credit Friedrich Berthold )

A Great Thankyou to Friedrich Berthold from his library to add this photo of Himmler and Heydrich wearing the standard 1933 SSem dagger. I believe circa 1935.

SS - Schutzstaffel
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS - Schutzstaffel
    P
    Many

I think the image is summer of 1934, at the time of Hindenburg's death, but I am not wholly certain.

Note collar patches.

You are correct (as per usual) FB.

Looks like it was taken the Tannenburg memorial to me?

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

SS - Schutzstaffel
    Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    You are correct (as per usual) FB.

Looks like it was taken the Tannenburg memorial to me?

Cheers, Ade.
    Thank you, Adrian, my best to you.

I wonder where Heydrich and Himmler's daggers are today? Odd,too, that they are wearing what looks to be simple unadorned daggers. One would have expected that the 2 "Lords of the SS" (just look at the Arrogance on both of their faces!) would have been more elaborately equipped.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    I wonder where Heydrich and Himmler's daggers are today? Odd,too, that they are wearing what looks to be simple unadorned daggers. One would have expected that the 2 "Lords of the SS" (just look at the Arrogance on both of their faces!) would have been more elaborately equipped.
    William, An interesting thought about where they are now. From my own perspective I would have thought the opposite as being too flamboyant or even effeminate, and not in keeping with the image they were trying to project. With the SS-Degens as another example, ordinary ones are seen in period 'in use' photos, and even the very special presentations like the "Birthday Swords" from the outside following the basic pattern. But with individuals like Hermann Göring ................ now that is an entirely different matter. Best Regards, Fred

Chained SS dagger in wear ( Wedding Photo )

SS - Schutzstaffel
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

SS Mann SS Standarte 25

SS mann with Standard 33em dagger type with an under the pocket "D" ring attachment. Take notice to the early first type Long nosed snap clip

SS - Schutzstaffel

Photo credit : B Wedeking
    Compliments : Wim Saris

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    I think the image is summer of 1934, at the time of Hindenburg's death, but I am not wholly certain.
    Indeed: the eagle for political leaders had to be positioned upon the top with an order from May 5, 1934.
    Cockades had to be removed also with the order from May 5, 1934. On August 12, 1935 the cockade was
    re-introduced. See persons behind Himmler (photo post 31).

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast