Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

1933 or 1934 LAH collar patch.

Article about: This is on the Hannah's Reich site, and it is seldom seen.

Default 1933 or 1934 LAH collar patch.

1933 or 1934 LAH collar patch.1933 or 1934 LAH collar patch.This is on the Hannah's Reich site, and it is seldom seen. 1933 or 1934 LAH collar patch.1933 or 1934 LAH collar patch.1933 or 1934 LAH collar patch.1933 or 1934 LAH collar patch.1933 or 1934 LAH collar patch.1933 or 1934 LAH collar patch.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1933 or 1934 LAH collar patch.
    P
    Many

The man in question, Albert Hagmueller, was from Wien, joined the infamous Standarte 11 (Wien) and then became an illegal and made his way to the LAH.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 12-21-2014 at 09:54 PM.

I include the collar patch, since just this kind of item is constantly inquired about, but one seldom sees a real example. That is, the first collar patch with the runes in the LAH/SSVT.

Very nice indeed. Good to see.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Very nice indeed. Good to see.
    Thank you, Adrian, the Hannah's Reich man generously furnishes these images which are very sound for reference.

The man was then booted out of the SS in 1936, because he did or did not blow the whistle on irregularities in finances in the SS Sammelstelle; that is, the organization of his refugee Austrian Nazis in the SS known for
    its ill discipline and terrorist heritage.

He was then sent to a concentration camp. Donnerwetter.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 12-21-2014 at 09:56 PM.

From SS no. 23 012 to prisoner no. 748... An interesting fate. It is probably safe to assume that an SS member turned camp inmate was neither popular with the guards nor the prisoners...

Thanks for pointing out this remarkable material. Hagmüller also appears in Rothländer's history on the early years of the Viennese SS, where it is mentioned that a grouping from his estate was sold by Thies auctions in 2009. Perhaps the same one now on offer?

You have to hand it to Martin, he does get some fantastic material, as a fellow dealer, I take my hat off to him

?

This grouping is awaiting Canadian customs to clear it and should arrive in time to put under the tree. It is with great enthusiasm and anticipation that I await this rare grouping. What was of most interest to me was his fate of being framed and sent to KZ Sachsenhausen, and his refusal to return to the SS upon his unexpected release, instead going into the Army. His KZ Lager number is even rarer than the early white piped LAH tabs. This is a group I find very poignant and extremely interesting and rare on many levels.

Also, note the detail to the stitching and construction of the cuff title.

Congratulations. This man's story is more revealing about the fate of central Europe and the things that interest us than the endlessly repeated high jinx of certain Knight's Cross Holders with their partial memory
    of the real world ca. 1934 or 1942. You should get the Rothlaender book to make full sense of your new items.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast