Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

1936 Allgemeine SS Dienstrock

Article about: A serious comparison of these objects with their prototype leaves no mystery. This comment applies to the tank museum thingy. The Ulrich of England uniform is from a serious source and appea

Question 1936 Allgemeine SS Dienstrock

Just wanted your expert opinion on this black uniform from

1936 dated, German, Allgemeine SS, Dienstrock (SS Service Dress) Uniform for a SS Sturmbannfuhrer (SS Major), serving in the Sicherheitsdienst Hauptamt (SD or Security Service Main Headquarters)

I thought all SD personnel up to the rank of obersturmbannführer wore a blank collar tab on one side.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1936 Allgemeine SS Dienstrock
    P
    Many

Default Re: 1936 Allgemeine SS Dienstrock

1936 Allgemeine SS Dienstrock1936 Allgemeine SS DienstrockPhoney baloney. The only thing authentic in your enclosure is the brown shirt, which I could sure use. This here is one of mine, and it's real. I have them also with the SD rhombus.

Once again you don't disappoint, I had a gut feeling the uniforms on that site were bad.

1936 Allgemeine SS Dienstrock1936 Allgemeine SS Dienstrock1936 Allgemeine SS Dienstrock1936 Allgemeine SS Dienstrock1936 Allgemeine SS Dienstrock1936 Allgemeine SS Dienstrock1936 Allgemeine SS Dienstrock1936 Allgemeine SS Dienstrock1936 Allgemeine SS Dienstrock1936 Allgemeine SS Dienstrock1936 Allgemeine SS Dienstrock1936 Allgemeine SS Dienstrock1936 Allgemeine SS Dienstrock
    Quote by pauls1178 View Post
    Once again you don't disappoint, I had a gut feeling the uniforms on that site were bad.
    All the black SS uniforms I saw there on said site are junk. I am in need of real brown shirts.
    I have posted many real black SS uniforms, and the images on this site, and those of my friends Coleman, Hritz Dr CMH and others here constitute about 98% of the real images in the whole wide world.

I like the fellow from the 101st Standarte.

Hi Pauls if you may,,,, to avoid a future dead link,, please save the photos to your computer first and then post them here. This action would greatly help our reference library in discerning the difference between Authentic and repro. Friedrich has supplied what is authentic...but now we need to see the difference what is not authentic. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Wow that "thing" is horrible.

Just as well you said that Larry because I found another one. This looks a lot better, although the insignia look in the correct place they look a little bright to me for their age, especially the collar tabs.

Allgemeine-SS 'SD' Black Service Tunic - Member of Prague SD under Heydrich

1936 Allgemeine SS Dienstrock1936 Allgemeine SS Dienstrock1936 Allgemeine SS Dienstrock1936 Allgemeine SS Dienstrock

I would suggest before you begin embarking on a purchase of an 12,000 dollar item, you study the characteristics and history of known originals. You seem to think the fakes may be real, while the real once may be fake. The price is to high IMO to count on others. Good luck in your collecting.

I assume most things to be fake unless there is a chance of full research. You can of course get items made from original bits put together so they look the same as an original, but are they original? With regard to the above item my comment was suggestive but not conclusive. Usually in life if something looks to good to be true it often is, plus as Larry said its another one for the library and I like to see peoples views on it including yours!!!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast