Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

1936 Allgemeine SS Dienstrock

Article about: A serious comparison of these objects with their prototype leaves no mystery. This comment applies to the tank museum thingy. The Ulrich of England uniform is from a serious source and appea

Default Re: 1936 Allgemeine SS Dienstrock

1936 Allgemeine SS Dienstrock1936 Allgemeine SS DienstrockA serious comparison of these objects with their prototype leaves no mystery. This comment applies to the tank museum thingy.
    The Ulrich of England uniform is from a serious source and appears authentic, though you have to examine these things closely.
    I have two that are similar, but made in Germany.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 02-26-2013 at 07:15 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1936 Allgemeine SS Dienstrock
    P
    Many

Indeed.

My advice was not meant to be rude, just helpful. After reading my comment over, I could see how it could be taken as rude.

Add: IMO the wear of the insigina matches the wear of the tunic quite well. That is, the second tunic posted in this thread from the creator.

No, no, youthcollector it wasn't taken that way! You see I've mainly collected medals in this area up til now and trust me I've been burned, especially in the beginning! So I've developed this over cautious attitude towards things sometimes to my detriment. It takes a long time to save money so it must be spent very carefully.

Quote by pauls1178 View Post
    No, no, youthcollector it wasn't taken that way! You see I've mainly collected medals in this area up til now and trust me I've been burned, especially in the beginning! So I've developed this over cautious attitude towards things sometimes to my detriment. It takes a long time to save money so it must be spent very carefully.
    There is surely no harm in being skeptical with SS material. The bulk of what you see in the wider firmament is totally fake.
    We have here concentrated some authentic material.

Yes It's hard to find good stuff, I had a Kriegsverdienstkreuz with swords first class, sold it a while ago, was never happy it was original. I mean the detail looked ok but the patina just wasn't right.

?

Quote by pauls1178 View Post
    Just as well you said that Larry because I found another one. This looks a lot better, although the insignia look in the correct place they look a little bright to me for their age, especially the collar tabs.

Allgemeine-SS 'SD' Black Service Tunic - Member of Prague SD under Heydrich
    I don't have a good feeling about many of the items offered presently on this site. The SS headgear has a few that have sold and that are for sale which give me some concern...

Note the tag inside this cap:
    Compare the wear of this tag to known originals. It happens to occur directly over a strong indicator of the authenticity of the subject item. Genuine tags don't flake off when you run your fingernail gently over the ink, if it does, much akin to the "scratcher" lottery tickets that many of my fellow Californians consider retirement investments, it's likely bogus.

Any SS items should be approached with the highest level of scrutiny. Your instincts will serve you well and asking as many opinions as possible will not hurt either. Of course, a physical inspection will generally remove all doubts. A bit difficult with an item across the Atlantic.

CMH

1936 Allgemeine SS Dienstrock1936 Allgemeine SS Dienstrock1936 Allgemeine SS Dienstrock1936 Allgemeine SS Dienstrock1936 Allgemeine SS DienstrockDr. CMH's concerns on said tag are warranted. I have never really examined all this material, and I will leave that task to others.
    The fun house hall of mirrors is always a task, nicht wahr?
    As concerns the formation of consensus, such is merited so long as the circle of persons is responsible and even capable of forming a useful opinion.
    Such is often impossible.
    Anyone seriously interested in this material has a steep path ahead of them if they engage the chaos mechanism of the wider internet.
    There is surely no censure meant here, and a beginner can surmount the challenges with wit and energy.
    ...and one is totally free to ignore the work we have done here, of course. Completely as free as the wind.....

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Dr. CMH's concerns on said tag are warranted. I have never really examined all this material, and I will leave that task to others.
    The fun house hall of mirrors is always a task, nicht wahr?
    As concerns the formation of consensus, such is merited so long as the circle of persons is responsible and even capable of forming a useful opinion.
    Such is often impossible.
    Ja, stimmt. The fun house does become irksome. I think for every phony piece of junk that is posted at least two photos of authentic regalia should follow to cleanse the palette of the fowl taste.

?

He does mock us from the beyond, doesn't he?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast