Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

3rd. SS Totenkopf Panzer Wrap

Article about: I agree. But what scares me, is that there were different variations and so on. Just as with other tunics. Depended on the Manufacturer. I know these are really rare. I just cant find anythi

I agree. But what scares me, is that there were different variations and so on. Just as with other tunics. Depended on the Manufacturer. I know these are really rare. I just cant find anything wrong with it. It was bought in Russia, in the early 90's. Some Collectors went there when Russia was in Turmoil, and they bought German Militaria like you wouldn't believe. This Piece was said to have come out of Museum, Complex. That is was the seller called it. There is allot at stake here for me, and I wanted to make sure that they have what ever information they need to make a good call. I am sure they were right the first time. I guess we will see if this helps or not.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 3rd. SS Totenkopf Panzer Wrap
    P
    Many

?

There are actually few variations among factory wraps -- Yes there are different manufacturers, but the construction and materials are remarkably consistent from supplier to supplier. This wrap is not a wartime wrap. There are advanced fakes that are much, much more convincing. I hope you did not pay much for it.

The moment of truth in collecting comes when it is time to sell. Please, only take my opinion at face value. It is a buyer you will have to convince of its veracity one day.

?

This wrap , trousers and insignia are unfortunately bad fakes
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

As Dimas said, even with the better pictures. Its can be seen as a fake just buy the construction and rather badly faked insignia.
    Morris

Thank you for all of your help. I have been researching this piece for quite awhile now and I am coming up with the same conclusions. I have been collecting for a very long time, but this was the first opportunity I had to purchase such an item. And the Seller is Highly regarded. Looks like he missed this one as well. I am so glad I joined the Forum. The Sleeve eagle, Do you consider it bad because of the shortness of the wings, and the black showing through as much as it does?

3rd. SS Totenkopf Panzer Wrap3rd. SS Totenkopf Panzer Wrap3rd. SS Totenkopf Panzer Wrap3rd. SS Totenkopf Panzer Wrap3rd. SS Totenkopf Panzer Wrap3rd. SS Totenkopf Panzer Wrap3rd. SS Totenkopf Panzer Wrap
    I have an opportunity to pick this one up, any thoughts on this one? Thanks

3rd. SS Totenkopf Panzer Wrap And here is another late war Eagle, would you also consider this one bad as well?

I know you want to believe it is correct but unfortunately, everything is bad. Your new pictures did nothing to change the decision made from the original ones. After nearly thirty years of not collecting 3rd Reich material, I jumped back in with both feet and was fed a bunch of post war black and gray wrappers. I am quite conversant with what a real one looks like, which your piece does not. If you do a search, I believe we have had several genuine examples posted here in the past. The insignia is not close to original. Study your totenkopf in relation to the many examples posted in the Delich grouping of skull tabs which is in the sticky section of the SS Forum. It is difficult to accept when a prized possesion turns out to be a reproduction. I have been there many times in 55+ years of collecting. I hope you have success returning this tunic and your hat for a complete refund.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Thank you Bob for your Help! I also Hope I can work something out with the seller. This is the second as the Visor Cap was the first, Big Mistakes, I have made in over 20 yrs. Those pieces are not my specialty and used word of mouth that they were good, when I should have opened a Book! thanks again!

If I may ask, who is this highly regarded dealer you speak of?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast