Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

7 Waffen SS Prince Eugen Tunic

Article about: I recently received some more photos from a nice gentleman a few states over from me. He is encouraging a hands on inspection of the tunic for obvious reasons. What are you initial thoughts

The insignia that I see here, looks to be all correct.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 7 Waffen SS Prince Eugen Tunic
    P
    Many

The eagle is a first version / SS VT Sleeve eagle

First pattern ss vt sleeve eagle it is 7 Waffen SS Prince Eugen Tunic7 Waffen SS Prince Eugen Tunic7 Waffen SS Prince Eugen Tunic

As boywizard said its a first pattern SS eagle not a railway or diplomatic one.
    Morris

greimers should take the credit mate

?

Quote by carlsson1982 View Post
    The insignia that I see here, looks to be all correct.
    My original question on another thread was in regards to the first pattern eagle on a SS VT tunic. Do you know of any examples or photos with this type of Adler on this model tunic?

?

Quote by DrPMC View Post
    This tunic is almost identical to the example shown on pp.66-67 of Wade Krawczyk and Peter Lukacs's book Waffen SS Uniforms and Insignia, the only difference being that the example above does not have the EK2 ribbon seen in the book. Both garments have the same insignia and both have the same holes in the tunic pocket for awards in the same place and an identical defect on the right hand belt support eyelets. I guess it must be the same item - seems very unlikely that there would be two surviving with the same configuration, especially with the unusual eagle. In the book the sleeve eagle is described as 'the pre-war SS-VT model'.

I know very little about these things, but I don't think the appearance of this item in a book is sufficient to authenticate it.

Philip
    Philip,
    I wish I had a copy of that book! Perhaps this tunic and many others that eventually went to the Balkans were quality control rejects. Of course this is just speculation...just a thought. The same holes in the the pocket is interesting. Would love to see that example. What would one value this at if all insignia is authentic period applied? I know the asking prices for the cuff title, collar tabs and shoulder boards and 1st pattern eagle that are out there in the dealer world. Like many here, I enjoy the history and collect. I also want to make a sound investment to justify its tenure with me over the long haul. Once items come to my collection they rarely exit. Sounds like this one may have a chance. I will wait for more opinions because they all are helpful. Sounds like I may ask for more detailed interior lining photos.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2