Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

7 Waffen SS Prince Eugen Tunic

Article about: I recently received some more photos from a nice gentleman a few states over from me. He is encouraging a hands on inspection of the tunic for obvious reasons. What are you initial thoughts

?

Default 7 Waffen SS Prince Eugen Tunic

I recently received some more photos from a nice gentleman a few states over from me. He is encouraging a hands on inspection of the tunic for obvious reasons. What are you initial thoughts of this set up. The first pattern SS Adler is interesting to me on this one. Thanks in advance. !!!!! Wondering if I should do a road trip

- - Updated - -

No idea why the photos loaded like this((
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 7 Waffen SS Prince Eugen Tunic   7 Waffen SS Prince Eugen Tunic  

7 Waffen SS Prince Eugen Tunic   7 Waffen SS Prince Eugen Tunic  

7 Waffen SS Prince Eugen Tunic  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 7 Waffen SS Prince Eugen Tunic
    P
    Many

?

Any thoughts on this one?

difficult with these pics. and Idont like the arm eagle.

?

Thanks Harry for your thought.

The arm band reminds me of the thin fake ones with synthetic silver thread Ive seen before, and the first pattern SS Adler looks weird to me on a M40 Feldbluse.

?

I am not an authority on genuine items (been fooled too many times) but before I would believe the out of date arm eagle (period or replica) belongs on that jacket I would need to see at least one confirmed period photo showing it. Wartime shortages and foreign unit I could maybe see it happening, but show me the photos of someone wearing that in the Prince Eugen Div.

?

The eagle is a railway eagle.

7 Waffen SS Prince Eugen TunicSimilar to this Diplomatic one

?

This tunic is almost identical to the example shown on pp.66-67 of Wade Krawczyk and Peter Lukacs's book Waffen SS Uniforms and Insignia, the only difference being that the example above does not have the EK2 ribbon seen in the book. Both garments have the same insignia and both have the same holes in the tunic pocket for awards in the same place and an identical defect on the right hand belt support eyelets. I guess it must be the same item - seems very unlikely that there would be two surviving with the same configuration, especially with the unusual eagle. In the book the sleeve eagle is described as 'the pre-war SS-VT model'.

I know very little about these things, but I don't think the appearance of this item in a book is sufficient to authenticate it.

Philip

DrPMC I agree with your last sentence 100%.if you go with that in mind you won't go far wrong.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast