Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Allegemeine SS tunic set-up ....

Article about: Yeah, i talked to him, and told him about how he could be prosecuted for sending me pics to the states, he was really concerned about the law in Germany and all. I told him as long as he doe

Default Re: Allegemeine SS tunic set-up ....

Quote by blackheart0866 View Post
    Yeah, i was very excited too, when he said he would do that, as i was trying to ask how do i get my money back if its a repro, or what, i told him that i trust him, and all, but i have to be real careful with dealing with these items..

He seems very cool about it, and thats when he said he would send for inspection prior to payment.

Like he said , he has no money in it at all.

I might email him, tell him to go ahead and send now anyways, since he is willing to do so.

Brian

Hi, Brian.

If he will send it over to you, you're safe........
    Just return postage if it's a crock, is all !

Good luck, hope it works out.
    (....and let us have a peek when you get it ? ! )

ps; Is that a Submariner Oyster Perpetual-Date ? !

Regards, Steve.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Allegemeine SS tunic set-up ....
    P
    Many

Yes, I know, but how would you handle this, i know before i do anything i want to see some pics, I would send him a deposit through paypal , if needed.

How do i know he wont send me an empty box, and try and say that there was a tunic in it, when there was no tunic at all.

He is describing a good set up on it, as if its right in front of him, but he could be reading from a book, or looking at a picture or something, as he is in Mannheim, Germany, and I'm in Ohio, USA.

And yes, its a 2-tone sub, with blue face, and blue dial , as its an 2008 model Rolex. The Omega is an older Seamaster.

Brian

I wasn't too sure on just how much 'deposit' you would have to lay out..........
    If you have 'Paypal', you are covered up to $1,000 insurance I believe.

But you are right, pics first ! He may not send a thing...........

A Lawyer hanging onto it as suggested, might be the best way to go then.

Regards, Steve.

I know if i send him a 1000.oo through PayPal, i will get that back.

But i will open the package at the post office, in front of an postal employee, or when they deliver it to my door, Ive done that before.

That would cover me, to the extent that the package is not empty, Ive done that before, and I got some of the strangest looks when i unrolled huge swastika flag inside the post office lobby.

And if i do trade 2 of my watches for it, it would be no different then if he bought them from me, he would send me the funds, then i would mail him the watches.

Have to have some form of trust, not everyone out there is a crook.

Brian

Yes, true,

It would obviously have to be sent insured.

Regards, Steve.

I insure, and tracking number everything i send, or have sent to me.

And all ways US postal.

Brian

Quote by militarymania View Post
    if he is willing to send you the item with no collateral down,then he is either extremely naive or a fool,,,i dont care if its a fake,there is a loss to be suffered on his part if the item isnt paid for or returned,,,bad business,,,
    Absolutely agree. If someone is about to send you $12k tunic without any payment, then something ain't right. In any business there has to be trust on both sides, but no-one in their right minds would do that. I mean there's trust, and then there's downright stupidity

Caveat Emptor .................

I thought it sounded kinda of strange also, But i have NEVER bought such a large ticket item from over seas from an individual before, Its always been a reputable dealer, and such on smaller, less priced items.

So, how would you handle this, i do not know of any attorneys, and the only family i have left in Germany would not do this for me, as i have asked them, and they said its too far for them to drive, and they don't want to mess with it.

The last time i trusted a dealer over seas with an tunic, as soon as he took it into him for shipping to me, the dealer screwed me by buying it himself, and if this is an legit tunic, I'm not sure if i want to trust a another dealer overseas again, would you ??

Like i said before, i want pics before i do anything with it.

Brian

?

Yes, surely, the vendor is a knave or a fool.

This thread has become almost comical.

Quote by Frog View Post
    Yes, surely, the vendor is a knave or a fool.

This thread has become almost comical.
    I agree, and thats what i was not trying to do, all i wanted to do was find out about the set-up of a tunic, and thats it.

Brian

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast