Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Allg. SS tunic with early visor

Article about: A very nice grouping (to me) regardless of the post-war application of the unit collar tab - Well done!!

Default Re: Allg. SS tunic with early visor

A very nice grouping (to me) regardless of the post-war application of the unit collar tab - Well done!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Allg. SS tunic with early visor
    P
    Many

felix2001020
    ?

Quote by Mauro C View Post
    My allgemeine SS tunic with very early leather visor.

Attachment 404305

- - Updated - -

122 reg. Strassburg, tab put on postwar by previuos owner
    Attachment 404310
    Awesome...

But er, perhaps it would be a stupid question from a newb:
    is that an officer cuff title of the 1st Foot Standard?

Quote by felix2001020 View Post
    But er, perhaps it would be a stupid question from a newb:
    is that an officer cuff title of the 1st Foot Standard?
    In this case, it identifies the 1st Sturm of Standarte 122.

It is the correct cuff title for an enlisted man serving with the 1st Sturm of any Standarte during the period after the colored cuff title borders were discontinued in 1937. (Although an officer serving on the staff of the 1st Standarte would also have worn the same cufftitle, duplicating the number on his right collar patch.)

Our member d'Alquen could elaborate on the complicated development of the regulations concerning A-SS' cuff titles much more competently than me, though.

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    In this case, it identifies the 1st Sturm of Standarte 122.

It is the correct cuff title for an enlisted man serving with the 1st Sturm of any Standarte during the period after the colored cuff title borders were discontinued. (Although an officer serving on the staff of the 1st Standarte would also have worn the same cufftitle, duplicating the number on his right collar patch.)

Our member d'Alquen could elaborate on the development of the regulation concerning A-SS' cuff titles much more competently than me, though.
    My German friend is correct as ever.

Allg. SS tunic with early visorAllg. SS tunic with early visorAllg. SS tunic with early visorAllg. SS tunic with early visorAllg. SS tunic with early visorColored cuff titles. These designated the Sturmbann, green for the 1st and dark blue for the 3d in the years from 1932 until 1937.
    Neither Mollo nor Angolia interpret this system totally and correctly, though Mollo remains superior.

My Exponate: the green is for the staff of the 1st Sturmbann and the blue for the 6 th Sturm of the 3d Sturmbann, I think. The sample book page is courtesy of Mr. P. Jenkins.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 10-27-2012 at 08:02 PM.

Allg. SS tunic with early visorThis is the type of cuff title that became the norm for all ranks in mid 1937. These are still found unused in large numbers as caches of these have appeared even in the past few years. They are not necessarily officers' cuff titles.
    Nor are those with Roman numerals those of an Abschnitt, but also can be of the Sturmbann staff. This item is not my property.

Allg. SS tunic with early visorThis is for those officers on the Sturmbann staff.
    Those who want to know more about the Allgem. SS should read the two new German language books I have boosted here. They well describe this organization in a more detailed way than is done in the English language works of Angolia and Mollo. The new works make clear that the self differentiation of the SS from the SA unfolded much before 30 June 1934.

I have to get the Ulrich Needhams book, which my senior mentor is enthusiastic about.

Allg. SS tunic with early visorAllg. SS tunic with early visorStandarte 122 was created well after the colored cuff title system was or was not phased out.
    The Sta. 122 tunic I own has an alu Sturmband.

- - Updated - -

A beginner can be forgiven for finding this system hard to understand. Most in the SS of the time had trouble understanding it, too.

felix2001020
    ?

Now I got it! Thank you for the detailed explanation.

In this case, is the arabic number "1" in silver aluminum wire same as the officer's one?? or in cotton strings?
    I can't figure it out from the picture.

Allg. SS tunic with early visorAllg. SS tunic with early visorAllg. SS tunic with early visorAllg. SS tunic with early visorAllg. SS tunic with early visorAllg. SS tunic with early visorAllg. SS tunic with early visorAllg. SS tunic with early visorAllg. SS tunic with early visorAllg. SS tunic with early visor
    Quote by felix2001020 View Post
    Now I got it! Thank you for the detailed explanation.

In this case, is the arabic number "1" in silver aluminum wire same as the officer's one?? or in cotton strings?
    I can't figure it out from the picture.
    In my image, the arabic numeral is alu wire and alu piping. In earlier forms (from mid to late 1934- until mid 1937?) , enlisted embroidery grey silk with a colored border. Allgem. SS enlisted embroidery in numerals began with a white cotton or silk, proceeded to the grey silk and ended with the alu wire used in the other branches and higher ranks.
    It is not a forthright system, to be sure. It has taken me the better part of forty five years to decipher it and I am sure I only know a fraction of the facts. Also germane is the fact that in the first years of all of this, say until 1934 or later, much insignia was embroidered locally, was less standardized, as one can see from images.
    I own a number of uniforms, so my motivation to do so is higher than some.
    There is a German work on the badges of the Allgem. SS, but its illustrations are not so good.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast