Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Allg SS tunic offered to me

Article about: Thanks for the explanation of the Russian film studios.

?

Default Re: Allg SS tunic offered to me

Hallo again

I have managed to get the book of Mollo Volume 3 and i have some questions to the experts

What is the difference between an black SS-VT and a SS-Allg tunic. Seeing pics i noticed that some have a silver cord on the collar and tabs, others have a silver/black cord
    Maybe i am wrong but i have read that the cut of this tunics is identical

Can somebody enlighten me to get a clue. In the meantime i will try to get Mollo volume 1 also

Its a fascinating part of collecting for a WH tunic collector

PS: Thanks for the offer to check insignias F-B i will come back to you.
    The next time when you are in vienna you are invited for some beers and/or perfect austrian vine

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Allg SS tunic offered to  me
    P
    Many

Allgemeine SS tunics would have unit numbered right collar tabs while SS-VT wore the SS rune collar tab. Other ranks wore the mixed silver and black piping while offices wore silver. The early tunics for other ranks wore white and black piping. I hope this clarifies this. It is amazing to me how many dealers still call anything SS and black Allgemeine.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Allg SS tunic offered to  meAllg SS tunic offered to  meAllg SS tunic offered to  meAllg SS tunic offered to  meAllg SS tunic offered to  meAllg SS tunic offered to  meAllg SS tunic offered to  meAllg SS tunic offered to  meAllg SS tunic offered to  meAllg SS tunic offered to  meAllg SS tunic offered to  meAllg SS tunic offered to  me
    Quote by Ostmark View Post
    Hallo again

I have managed to get the book of Mollo Volume 3 and i have some questions to the experts

What is the difference between an black SS-VT and a SS-Allg tunic. Seeing pics i noticed that some have a silver cord on the collar and tabs, others have a silver/black cord
    Maybe i am wrong but i have read that the cut of this tunics is identical

Can somebody enlighten me to get a clue. In the meantime i will try to get Mollo volume 1 also

Its a fascinating part of collecting for a WH tunic collector

PS: Thanks for the offer to check insignias F-B i will come back to you.
    The next time when you are in vienna you are invited for some beers and/or perfect austrian vine
    Thank you. I shall come to Vienna later in the summer or in the fall for sure.
    The topic is very complicated, but the order I enclosed is the easiest way to distinguish the two and as Bob C has indicated.
    Read Mollo vol 1 and look at our pictures, and read vol. III, too.

The SSVT had all alu insignia on the black uniform, whereas the Allgem. SS had black and white, and black and alu as well as grey silk embroidery, which, ca. 1937 was made into all alu. embroidery, or black and alu.
    The Standarten of the Allgem. SS were numbered consecutively from 1 until about 125 at the end, and the Sturm and Sturmbann in the Allgem. SS were shown on the cuff with numerals and colors, a system that was ditched in 1937.
    The best way to learn all of this is with Mollo, though it is not simple.
    It was not simple at the time and the SS men of the era were confused.
    How could it have been otherwise with the odd man called RFSS?

?

Thanks gentlemen for your help, thats make my studing a lot easier.

In the book of Mollo Vol 3 there is mentioned "General SS", is this english for "Allgemeine SS" ?

yes.

Allg SS tunic offered to  meAllg SS tunic offered to  meAllg SS tunic offered to  meHere is an example of the grey silk embroidery that was characteristic of the Allgem. SS collar patches from late 1934 until 1937/8.

- - Updated - -

Allg SS tunic offered to  meAllg SS tunic offered to  meThe SSPB, that is the SSVT had alu wire insignia from mid 1934 onwards.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3