Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Allg / SS VT tunic questions: medical pockets, sleeve linings, stamps

Article about: I'd like to start a long discussion about 3 questions. Simply but interesting i hope to make 1) the double "medical pockets" on SS tunics (not behind but on frontal zone) 2) lining

Default Re: Allg / SS VT tunic questions: medical pockets, sleeve linings, stamps

Allg / SS VT tunic questions: medical pockets, sleeve linings, stampsNotice the difference in color between the cotton sleeve lining and that of the Breecheshose.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Allg / SS VT tunic questions: medical pockets, sleeve linings, stamps
    P
    Many

Default Re: Allg / SS VT tunic questions: medical pockets, sleeve linings, stamps

Allg / SS VT tunic questions: medical pockets, sleeve linings, stampsAllg / SS VT tunic questions: medical pockets, sleeve linings, stamps

Different sleeve lining.

Do let me say that I cannot decipher your images. They appear to me to be more or less identical with what I have posted.
    Once more, I think the operative point here is that there were many makers of these items, in which subtle differences are the norm. Further more, the coat itself is lined in black cotton, whereas the sleeves are lined with some grey rayon or cotton.
    You want to be alert for someone who has altered one of these to eradicate post war property stamps.
    I find this to be really a minor point.
    The search for order in disorder is doomed to fail, especially when the disorder of the era was greater than our futile attempts to organize the facts allow....
    While these items were more or less standardized, they were not nearly as standardized as many internet loud mouths and charlatans, who otherwise in their real lives are docile sheep and pliant zombies in their sterile cubicles and even more empty minds.....would have you and me believe. Far too much is made of these subtle differences. For instance, "why is that stitch there.....!?" kind of shriek says more about the shrieker than it does about the stitch.
    I have enclosed a number of what I more or less know from nearly fifty years experience of these items, and you can make up your mind as you wish.
    as I wrote, don't expect to find anyone else out there who knows very much about this to answer your requests. Those who answer, do not know; those who know, do not answer.

Also, I would never make any significant decision about these items based on computer images alone.

I always compare pieces to my existing collection, which consists of more than one of these items.

Let me conclude with this: the sharing of the burden with all of this is a lonely thing, if I am to judge from the people who read these posts and who can answer, as well. For their own reasons, which I cannot divine, they refrain from a contribution. How sad. There are other besides myself equally well versed in such woolens and who possess nice collections, too, to say nothing of grand knowledge of regalia and Uniformkunde.

However, they are silent.

Quote by Mauro C View Post
    Allg / SS VT tunic questions: medical pockets, sleeve linings, stampsAllg / SS VT tunic questions: medical pockets, sleeve linings, stamps

Different sleeve lining.
    The stampings on the left are size stampings for the neck size, chest size, length of coat, etc. These are of the era. They allowed for the maximum fit of the garment for a garrison appearance.

Those on the right are some inventory stamp of some kind, likely postwar.

Allg / SS VT tunic questions: medical pockets, sleeve linings, stampsThis is what I mean by sleeve lining, in case any doubt adheres.

dear FB i'm absolutelyconvinced about your point of view, i liked to discuss with you and forumist something about allg tunics just to talk and know other point of view, suggestion and so on. from a good discussion all could learn something... me for sure, you.. not... but your patience and presence is too important for us.
    in my tunic there are russian stamps into the sleeve, and other image shows the dark gray lining.

Dear Friend, I always have something to learn. The universe is ever expanding with these things. Certain of these tunics were in Russian or Czech property, but they are original with a detour into communist Europe. A part of the 20th century and a reflection of how Stalin admired Hitler, which is worth something in the greater scheme of human suffering about totalitarianism.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 12-18-2012 at 08:04 AM.

?

The stamp on the sleeve is a Mosfilm, Moscow filmstudio marking
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Quote by Dimas View Post
    The stamp on the sleeve is a Mosfilm, Moscow filmstudio marking
    Well, yes.

Allg / SS VT tunic questions: medical pockets, sleeve linings, stampsAllg / SS VT tunic questions: medical pockets, sleeve linings, stampsAllg / SS VT tunic questions: medical pockets, sleeve linings, stampsAllg / SS VT tunic questions: medical pockets, sleeve linings, stampsAllg / SS VT tunic questions: medical pockets, sleeve linings, stampsAllg / SS VT tunic questions: medical pockets, sleeve linings, stampsSleeve lining and sleeve from without. A tale of sleeves and power.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast