Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Allgem. SS officers in grey uniform

Article about: Allgemeine SS officers in grey uniform. Sta. 108= Prag, Abschnitt XXXIX=Bruenn, Maehren.

Quote by BenVK View Post
    Thanks for posting this cap, I had not seen it before. Wonderful example!
    And to think that people tried to crap all over Richard's collection after he died, I still fume about that..
    I had thought you saw it. When I sell it, you have first dibs. It does have a broad sweat band, as did another Kavallerie one I owned before it.
    Richard P's fate is an affront to all decency and humanity. I knew him only indirectly, but he was my age, and a fine collector, I think.
    I expect that my material will also be dragged through the muck when the ankle biters emerge like zombies from their holes.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Allgem. SS officers in grey uniform
    P
    Many

Allgem. SS officers in grey uniformAllgem. SS officers in grey uniformAllgem. SS officers in grey uniformAllgem. SS officers in grey uniformAllgem. SS officers in grey uniformThe sweat band of this Breiter senior leader cap is also a little broader than others. The pictures do not show it as much as the naked eye.

?

To add to the topic of grey uniforms and the Allgemeine SS I offer this photo I found on a German forum.
    Thank you F-B.

Thank you, JHAM for the fine image. The full time persons in the Allgem. got a grey uniform, I think, and the part timers did not.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Arcane in contrast to the normal ripping yarn about a Panzer knacker, but these people in Czechia are a particular hobby horse of mine.....
    The A-SS grey uniform photos are great, FB - Thanks.

But who is that crazy "Panzer knacker" you refer to - maybe that disposition of yours for the Czechia will reveal the winning clue?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Allgem. SS officers in grey uniform  

The man in your picture looks somewhat akin to a movie figure, actually.

Allgem. SS officers in grey uniformOther interpretations of Knacker, but not really on my diet any more.

?

Looking closely at the 108 cuff title it looks as if the 8 was added to a much more common 10 example. There must not have been very many 108 cuff titles required for so few who might wear it. Maybe I see a trick off the light? Thanks

Who knows, but a good theory. No doubt many fine women of Praha/Prag could have well added the numeral.....

Allgem. SS officers in grey uniformMy senior mentor David Delich adds his own treasure to this little seminar on grey uniforms, that of W. Lorenz, the racial re-settler and R U S H A grandee.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast