Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Allgemeine cuff

Article about: Hello everyone, I was looking at this image for quite a while and not really sure if my eyes are going and I am seeing stuff that is simply not there but...well, you tell me...do you see an

Default Allgemeine cuff

Hello everyone,

I was looking at this image for quite a while and not really sure if my eyes are going and I am seeing stuff that is simply not there but...well, you tell me...do you see an outline of numeral 7?
    cheers
    MattAttachment 476953

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Allgemeine cuff
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Allgemeine cuff

Allgemeine cuff
    Sharp eyes. There definitely looks like a seven was there at one point. Keeping in mind the changes in the structure of the SS as time went on, rank changes and even the concept of thrift such insignia was often modified rather than replaced. Often the proper insignia may not have been available. I learned much of this from this site and its fine contributers. Imagine that. There is no telling when it was removed.

The post 1937 Allgem. SS cuff titles with the Sturm number are plentiful, versus the blank cuff title which is or is not required for the item in question.
    The one before us has been "decontented" to use an ugly phrase, that is, it likely has had the embroidery removed. This is a fairly common ill, in which the authentic cuff title is recycled or reembroidered to make it more desirable.
    This insignia was widely had and cheap at the time.
    Also, I imagine that a uniform for the SS Hauptgericht would have had a different cuff title, somehow associated with higher echelons of command.....
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 03-03-2013 at 04:31 AM.

Allgemeine cuffIt is also entirely possible for a person to have moved one from echelon, entity, unit or whatever to another.
    Thus, said person could have removed the embroidery themselves, but in this particular case, I wonder...

I thank you for your opinions. For those interested in the rest of the uniform-it can be seen here: SS Judicial Service Sturmfhrer Black Tunic
    Which brings me to my next question-if I may- silver piped judicial diamond- what is the significance of the cord around it? officers?
    Best,
    Matt

Our very own Mr. d'Alquen is best equipped to answer this question. I would rely on Mollo, but others have access to the original regulations in their detail. This badge is described in vol. VII of Mollo in the beginning of the book.

Thank you once again. I will be able to get my hands on Mollo tome next week and will look it up.
    Best,
    Matt

That cuff title has been discussed here before, it's the tunic from Craig site. Defiantly a 7 there IMO.
    Last edited by youthcollector1; 03-03-2013 at 05:19 PM.

Thank you. I had forgotten this exchange. It's a stinker. The tunic and the collar patches are fine, just the Raute does not make sense. My failing memory is a measure of how far gone I truly am.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 03-04-2013 at 12:18 AM.