Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Allgemeine ss Austrian black coat original?

Article about: Hi there, I would like to know if this austrian allgemeine ss coat is original or reproduction. I have it on hold on ratisbon's but wanted to make sure it was in fact period before I make pa

Okay, so it's not what I wanted, but checked the lining and I guess it's from 1936, so technically not postwar, and not ss
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Allgemeine ss Austrian black coat original?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Allgemeine ss Austrian black coat original?
    P
    Many

Pics
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Allgemeine ss Austrian black coat original?   Allgemeine ss Austrian black coat original?  

surely that's the size label not a date ?

Not certain... we'll hopefully wait for ErSeWa

Also why is everyone liking each other's post and not liking mine? I'm just as valid as the rest of you

CBH
    ?

Members Like or Thank other members posts when they agree with what is said in that post. Apparently nobody agrees with your views on this item, so no Likes are given.

I don't think this piece got a fair shot, and should be further looked into, so I'll make this last post on this thread for the future people who read this..

ErSeWa's coat had a date of Feb '68 as he said the white tag indicated. Mine is '36. He posted all postwar examples that were jackets produced after ww2 (mine is early being -'39)

Been trying to find pics of ÖBB black coats from the 30s and can't find any

The white tag with the numbers means what year it was made, just like on a RZM tag with the double digits for the year.
    EU size on outer wear is 42 for XS, and this is a size medium.

About the buttons, found a pic of an austrian allgemeine ss tunic with large round buttons, had to put a filter on the photo so they are visible

Another austrian ss, if you compare these two known photos you can see the quality and materials ranged in the austrian ss uniforms.

Maybe it IS austrian ss and after the ÖBB adopted identical outerwear for thier purposes, please show 1930s öbb black coat

Just something to think about
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Allgemeine ss Austrian black coat original?   Allgemeine ss Austrian black coat original?  

Allgemeine ss Austrian black coat original?   Allgemeine ss Austrian black coat original?  

?

1. I do not check this section regularly as this is not my special field of interest.
    2. The men in the 1. picture do not wear uniforms but civilan clothes - suits as it is (but for the one with the white windbreaker) with civilian buttons.
    3. The men in the 2. (alamy) picture are most likely soldiers serving in the first Austrian Army or from the "Heimwehr" - the belts and steel helmets and, most of all, the coats with the "Achselrolle" (the roll on the end of the right shoulder strap - a remnant of the old Imperial Army uniforms which was meant to prevent the rifle sling from slipping down) some of the men wear, are typical (could also be a picture of B-gendarmier-men from very early after the war) - what does the caption on alamy say?
    4. here is the requested picture of a ÖBB coat from the 1930s (In: Handbuch der österreichischen Uniformen, 2. Aufl. 1937):

ÖBB-men demonstrating in their coats in the 1930s (note the Austro-fascist Kruckenkreuz-flag):

5. I do not think that your coat is from the 1930s - the tag may mean something else - as the cut, particularly of the collar, is different. Look for other tags or stamps maybe these will help to date the coat. In this quality I would estimate, as said, 1950s/1960s.

You are still free to believe what you want and I am growing tired in trying to provide proof of what I am convinced of - you have your conviction, I have mine, lets leave it at that.
    Last edited by ErWeSa; 01-23-2023 at 07:04 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4