Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Allgemeine SS Black tunic

Article about: by ToxicGas He's currently away I believe, he hasn't abandoned the thread. Mat Tell him, that, for a reasonable fee, I will examine the uniform and give him my opinion, which I am sure Mr. C

?

Default Allgemeine SS Black tunic

This tunic is for sale and although I already had a fairly definitive response to it from a trusted forum member, I thought I'd post it here, just to have the final nail hammered in the coffin confirming that it's fake. All replies appreciated!
    Thanks,
    Robbie

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Allgemeine SS Black tunic
    P
    Many

Default Re: Allgemeine SS Black tunic

Well, it looks old enough... shouldn't there be a manufacturer's label in there that should help with confirmation?

Mat

?

I contacted a renowned SS dealer about this tunic and he said:

"From the the images I would say the tunic could well have a chance of being
    an original period item, as is not a standard RZM piece, I would have liked to have seen
    a talors label applied, however this was not always the case"

So I'm not certain. In some ways it seems alright, others not so much. Are there any other opinions?

Thanks,
    Robbie

The only way to determine such a thing is to inspect it in person. The cut is not really very good, very trim, and fitted as these usually are.
    There have been well made fakes of these for more than thirty years, and my wild guess is that this is an aged fake.
    However, I am not exactly certain, and the pictures alone are never sufficient.
    Once you live with the real thing, then it is easy enough to spot the junk.
    On the other hand, many of these in stripped condition were found in Russian and Czech costume houses, in which case you might bet lucky.
    However, I cannot tell for your images and err on the side of doubt.
    Ask Bob Coleman, as he is an authority, as is Bob Hritz. The latter does not appear to post here anymore.
    Modern textiles are different from the historical Trikot, and one can easily tell with a handling.
    While you deserve credit for the fact that you have spelled Allgemeine SS properly, this is a black SS tunic, as worn by various branches of the SS.Allgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunic

If you can manage all the costs of dispatch, et cetera, I will inspect it, if you give me a fee.
    However, my advice is to avoid this kind of thing, unless a miracle happens.

tailor made items, or Trikot tunics of this type frequently have no labels and are quite real.
    However, you cannot figure that fact out from the back side of the moon, which is essentially the task here.
    I do not believe in the purchase of pigs in the poke, but to each his own.
    The restoration of such an item is very costly.
    If the thing is ex some costume Fundus, then the piece is grossly under priced.Allgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunic
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 02-14-2012 at 06:36 AM.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    tailor made items, or Trikot tunics of this type frequently have no labels and are quite real.
    However, you cannot figure that fact out from the back side of the moon, which is essentially the task here.
    I do not believe in the purchase of pigs in the poke, but to each his own.
    The restoration of such an item is very costly.
    If the thing is ex some costume Fundus, then the piece is grossly under priced.Allgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunic
    why you always post such tons of photos? its real stange for me since long time..........

I post images of authentic items, something which does not happen on other sites in my experience. Do you have some authentic items from your collection to post here?

Quote by besslein View Post
    why you always post such tons of photos? its real stange for me since long time..........
    This thread deals with a member asking to have an item verified. What better to show him than original period tunics that have not been tampered with. Most of us are here to spread useful knowledge, not bicker over trivial matters.
    As to the tunic in question, from the pictures posted, there is no way offer an opinion on it's originality. In hand inspection by a knowledgable individual would be the safest course of action. As a historical collectable it will always be a humped up restored piece. My view is it would be better to wait and find an intact piece than spend vast amounts of money for original insignia to restore this. Officer insignia is quite expensive.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

Thank you Mr. Coleman and thank you F-B for discussing these blurry photos.
    They say a picture is worth a thousand words (usually nasty ones in these forums). All I have to share is photos...

Allgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunic

?

Quote by besslein View Post
    Because we like to see photos of the many originals from FB's collection which helps to educate all those who are interested , the more that are posted the more that can be enjoyed and learnt from !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast