Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Allgemeine SS Black tunic

Article about: by ToxicGas He's currently away I believe, he hasn't abandoned the thread. Mat Tell him, that, for a reasonable fee, I will examine the uniform and give him my opinion, which I am sure Mr. C

Default Re: Allgemeine SS Black tunic

Quote by besslein View Post
    why you always post such tons of photos? its real stange for me since long time..........
    May we see some images from your collection? We always treat such posts with interest, alertness and, above all, courtesy. The open discussion of an important item draws needed knowledge, provides beginners with orientation, and adds to the already noteworthy value of this site. These aspects contrast to other sites, where there is mostly fake material. Moreover, we aspire to keep a community of informed and informing persons engaged, which is something you might reflect on carefully as regards what is, in fact, a post that does not meet our standards. Of course, many persons are unnerved by the sight of real material, because their sole motivation is possession at the cost of others; they have no interest in knowledge, and they use these website as a place to work out their own psychological problems at the expense of others. Such persons are expelled from here very quickly, in fact.

Thanks to my colleagues for their fine additions to this thread, their judicious thought and agreeable demeanor.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Allgemeine SS Black tunic
    P
    Many

Quote by Paul E View Post
    Because we like to see photos of the many originals from FB's collection which helps to educate all those who are interested , the more that are posted the more that can be enjoyed and learnt from !!
    thanks, colleague.

?

Attached Images Attached Images Allgemeine SS Black tunic 

One picture is worth a thousand words.F-B is showing what a real minty SS tunic and all that goes with it looks like.This is what this forum is all about and very few places you can go that you will see such great pieces.I would heed his posts and enjoy what you see!Carl

?

Unfortunately, I do not have any foetid black woolens to share, but I do have one small experience with Tunics, or Feldbluses. I own one Feldbluse so far, only one, and my Feldbluse has it's original insignia, all of it. I can say that in my extremely limited experience of having only one Feldbluse, it's incredibly satisfying to know that everything on my Feldbluse is EXACTLY as the gentleman left it, stored away somewhere near Stuttgart from the end of the war until just 2-3 years ago. Untouched and unmessed with. The insignia was removed, as very common, but he stuck everything into one pocket and I can place everything on my Feldbluse exactly where it sat, following this chap around the Crimea as he sweated in the southern Russian sun and fought, announcing to everyone that he was a Unterfeldwebel in the Infantry, and a winner of the Krim shield. It's a very good feeling.

However, I do not always feel this way about the objects that I collect. For instance, I'm currently eyeing a Hitler Youth Kampfmesser that is not in mint condition and is missing it's trademark HJ diamond. This object I feel ok about restoring because it was used heavily by a little boy who most likely lost his scabbard and grip diamond by being a little boy and using his knife as it was meant to be used, roughly and for fun. He probably lost his grip diamond and was quite inconsolable for a brief period of time. I think it's fairly natural and understandable for a HJ Kampfmesser to be missing it's grip diamond due to overly rough play and love, this makes the Kampfmesser more legitimate to me. I might be alone in this.

I hope that these contrasting examples are illustrative and not too obscure, making my point incomprehensible.I think that you may ultimately find the purchase of this Tunic to be a pyrrhic victory, I sincerely hope not, and I only have a tiny bit of experience with this, but, I respect your quest for a black foetid woolen, and your postings on this forum, so I wanted to give my friendly and honest two cents.

Best,
    Eddie

Quote by doomtown View Post
    Unfortunately, I do not have any foetid black woolens to share, but I do have one small experience with Tunics, or Feldbluses. I own one Feldbluse so far, only one, and my Feldbluse has it's original insignia, all of it. I can say that in my extremely limited experience of having only one Feldbluse, it's incredibly satisfying to know that everything on my Feldbluse is EXACTLY as the gentleman left it, stored away somewhere near Stuttgart from the end of the war until just 2-3 years ago. Untouched and unmessed with. The insignia was removed, as very common, but he stuck everything into one pocket and I can place everything on my Feldbluse exactly where it sat, following this chap around the Crimea as he sweated in the southern Russian sun and fought, announcing to everyone that he was a Unterfeldwebel in the Infantry, and a winner of the Krim shield. It's a very good feeling.

However, I do not always feel this way about the objects that I collect. For instance, I'm currently eyeing a Hitler Youth Kampfmesser that is not in mint condition and is missing it's trademark HJ diamond. This object I feel ok about restoring because it was used heavily by a little boy who most likely lost his scabbard and grip diamond by being a little boy and using his knife as it was meant to be used, roughly and for fun. He probably lost his grip diamond and was quite inconsolable for a brief period of time. I think it's fairly natural and understandable for a HJ Kampfmesser to be missing it's grip diamond due to overly rough play and love, this makes the Kampfmesser more legitimate to me. I might be alone in this.

I hope that these contrasting examples are illustrative and not too obscure, making my point incomprehensible.I think that you may ultimately find the purchase of this Tunic to be a pyrrhic victory, I sincerely hope not, and I only have a tiny bit of experience with this, but, I respect your quest for a black foetid woolen, and your postings on this forum, so I wanted to give my friendly and honest two cents.

Best,
    Eddie
    thank you. To imagine that these things were un used or should always appear thus is very narrow minded. Most of the Nazi things I have seen in Germany were stripped of the insignia, this is entirely normal.

The person who posed the question has not responded, and the other person who apparently objects to authentic items has also not responded, and thus one has the typical experience of such threads. My thanks to those solid citizens of this site whose collegial presence and common labor make things worthwhile here.
    If one could examine the uniform in question, I am sure we could swiftly determine its posture. However, one often has these odd pictures and the disjointed, chaotic experience. How droll.Allgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunic

?

Quote by besslein View Post
    why you always post such tons of photos? its real stange for me since long time..........
    Because Friedrich's colages have great merit, the teach to some and then they confuse some. I enjoy them and I tried making colages a couple of times like Friedrichs. though they dont come out as well.

Allgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunic

Cordially,
    Pat
    Last edited by M18922; 02-17-2012 at 04:21 PM.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    The person who posed the question has not responded
    He's currently away I believe, he hasn't abandoned the thread.

Mat

Quote by HistoryIsMe View Post
    Because Friedrichs colages have great merit, the teach to some and then they confuse some. I enjoy them and I tried making colages a couple of times like Friedrichs. though they dont come out as well.

Allgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunic

Cordially,
    Pat
    Happy to oblige. I like your little visual essays.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast