Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Allgemeine SS Black tunic

Article about: by ToxicGas He's currently away I believe, he hasn't abandoned the thread. Mat Tell him, that, for a reasonable fee, I will examine the uniform and give him my opinion, which I am sure Mr. C

Default Re: Allgemeine SS Black tunic

Quote by ToxicGas View Post
    He's currently away I believe, he hasn't abandoned the thread.

Mat
    Tell him, that, for a reasonable fee, I will examine the uniform and give him my opinion, which I am sure Mr. Coleman and Mr. Hritz would do, as well.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 02-17-2012 at 07:47 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Allgemeine SS Black tunic
    P
    Many

?

Hello again. Pardon my absence, I spent a few days in Cambridge visiting a sibling. Thank you for all of the informative opinions and photos, as per usual they're a tremendous benefit. I've decided to purchase the tunic, under the agreement that if it is not genuine I shall be allowed to return it. When it arrives I'll post large, clear photos of each necessary part to the forum and dealers; if its authenticity is still not verifiable then, FB, I will most likely accept your offer of a professional consultation. If it passes the test, fantastic, should it not, I'll return it and will not be that much out of pocket for a potentially good deal.
    Thank you Mat for letting FB know that I was away and had not simply neglected the thread.

Robbie

good luck.

On Ebay these pieces that were posted as the beginning of the thread are a copy (IMO) of the CHINESE junk thats is being sold on ebay.Ebay would let sellers post Buffalo chips if it means a profit.This chinese crap goes along with the poison dog food and toys for our children with lead in them that they dump here in U.S.A. AND ELSEWHERE!Look at the tunics,caps visors,A-Z that is for sale and all you newer members view F-B'S photos and learn and dont say why do you post so many photos as its his and any other members privledge to do so if it prevents someone from getting the shaft and losing some big money!!!Carl

There is little comparison to a Chinese imitation and the real thing. There are Japanese firms that make better reproductions, actually. However, I do not want to cast aspersions on Asians, or anyone. In my youth, many fakes came from California, a trend setter in the 1960s.

Allgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunic
    Quote by goodbuys View Post
    On Ebay these pieces that were posted as the beginning of the thread are a copy (IMO) of the CHINESE junk thats is being sold on ebay.Ebay would let sellers post Buffalo chips if it means a profit.This chinese crap goes along with the poison dog food and toys for our children with lead in them that they dump here in U.S.A. AND ELSEWHERE!Look at the tunics,caps visors,A-Z that is for sale and all you newer members view F-B'S photos and learn and dont say why do you post so many photos as its his and any other members privledge to do so if it prevents someone from getting the shaft and losing some big money!!!Carl
    Thanks. Surely there must be a better way to approach this problem. I suppose I could make a you tube thingy with guidance to spot fakes, which, in the end, would empower the people who stole the picture of my hat from the Canadian site to make better fakes.

Life is inherently unfair, and since I am a history teacher in real life (imagine...) my goal is the promote knowledge via this medium which remains totally alien to me, whereas it is natural for you young people. It is not for me. I learned via medieval methods, to which I still adhere. The interoperability of these methods in the present is likely hopeless, granted the mentality and expectations that others have about the process of learning and the imponderables of our interest. My images may be omnipresent, but they are only a fraction of the reality of these items.....and, of course, in real life, they look quite different. Until the internet allows you to smell, feel, and otherwise divine foetid woolens, this will all remain a snare and delusion.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 02-18-2012 at 06:55 PM.

Allgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicAllgemeine SS Black tunicand, apparently for one member here, such images are an irritation. Der arme Kerl.

?

Yet for everyone else they're a precious commodity. Keep posting them FB! Nowhere else on the web is there such an extensive collection of such useful images.

Robbie

Quote by Styx View Post
    Yet for everyone else they're a precious commodity. Keep posting them FB! Nowhere else on the web is there such an extensive collection of such useful images.

Robbie
    Thanks. To be sure, the maroon bad manners site has few or really no such depots of these items. I do look in Google for any mother lode of this stuff, but in vain. In part, I offer this stuff to you because I can well recall being your age, and there was very little to be had. Thus, my best wishes to all beginner seekers of foetid woolens, and hope for the best with the adventures. It is also true that the Russian and Czech costume Fundi gave up many of their treasures two decades ago, in which case maybe the piece for sale is thus, but it could also likely be one of many fakes.

?

Quote by besslein View Post
    why you always post such tons of photos? its real stange for me since long time..........
    Why do you always NOT post tons of photos? I find it strange also.

Even a few detailed photos of your hats shown here would be most welcome.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Allgemeine SS Black tunic  

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast