Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Allgemeine SS cuff titles, examples from the remarkable Delich treasures.....

Article about: Here are some very nice Allgemeine SS "Reserve" cuff titles in the configuration in use until about 1938 or beyond. This image is courtesy of my mentor, David Delich, who has the w

Default Re: Allgemeine SS cuff titles, examples from the remarkable Delich treasures.....

I have always been interested in the Honour titles and over the years have noticed many undocumented variations and seemingly incorrect applications as this thread already demonstrates.
    The 4th sturm of the Kiel foot regiment was not authorized to wear the Martens title yet here is a picture of them doing so (pity the collar patch is not in view). The title was reserved for the 8th sturm as shown in post #1 (to correct a small detail that one is not a reserve title).
    d'Alquen

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Allgemeine SS cuff titles, examples from the remarkable Delich treasures.....
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Allgemeine SS cuff titles, examples from the remarkable Delich treasures.....

is this one?

Quote by d'alquen View Post
    I have always been interested in the Honour titles and over the years have noticed many undocumented variations and seemingly incorrect applications as this thread already demonstrates.
    The 4th sturm of the Kiel foot regiment was not authorized to wear the Martens title yet here is a picture of them doing so (pity the collar patch is not in view). The title was reserved for the 8th sturm as shown in post #1 (to correct a small detail that one is not a reserve title).
    d'Alquen
    Thank you. The "Martens" is a normal cuff title, of course for the 2d Sturmbann, is it not?

- - Updated - -

Quote by colt45 View Post
    is this one?
    Your item is for a veteran's organization, not the Allgem. SS.

Yes, 'Martens' was awarded to the the 8th sturm which, together with 5, 6 and 7 comprised Sturmbann II of the regiment which was designated by the "dunkelblau" borders.
    d'Alquen

Quote by d'alquen View Post
    Yes, 'Martens' was awarded to the the 8th sturm which, together with 5, 6 and 7 comprised Sturmbann II of the regiment which was designated by the "dunkelblau" borders.
    d'Alquen
    Thank you for the further data.

Allgemeine SS cuff titles, examples from the remarkable Delich treasures.....Allgemeine SS cuff titles, examples from the remarkable Delich treasures.....I suppose for the younger cohort and those who are unable or unwilling to read Mollo and such, we should make a display of such cuff titles and explain them.
    My thanks to David Delich and d'Alquen for their kind aid with this intriguing material.

PS I also collect books of the era, and just found a copy of this apropos the martyrs of the SA and SS in its pre 1933 role.

?

Thanks to F-B and Robert H. for sharing the images of these rare cufftitles. Also thanks to Mr. Delich for allowing him to do so. Mr. Delich is credited in many of books on the subject of SS regalia going back many years and I am thankful for his partcipation. Anyone who is at all interested in this topic should read Mollo first and probably more than once. I review it often and learn more each time. Unfortunately my computer is broken otherwise I would share some period photos of these rare cufftitles in use.
    Allgemeine SS cuff titles, examples from the remarkable Delich treasures.....Allgemeine SS cuff titles, examples from the remarkable Delich treasures.....Allgemeine SS cuff titles, examples from the remarkable Delich treasures.....

Very nice and informative thread and thanks for posting those rare beauties.
    I happened to find this one out for sale at a dealers online store. I have no intentions/or funds to buy it though but the pictures was good so I post them here if that is ok.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Allgemeine SS cuff titles, examples from the remarkable Delich treasures.....   Allgemeine SS cuff titles, examples from the remarkable Delich treasures.....  

Allgemeine SS cuff titles, examples from the remarkable Delich treasures.....  

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    I suppose for the younger cohort and those who are unable or unwilling to read Mollo and such, we should make a display of such cuff titles and explain them.
    My thanks to David Delich and d'Alquen for their kind aid with this intriguing material.

PS I also collect books of the era, and just found a copy of this apropos the martyrs of the SA and SS in its pre 1933 role.
    My sincere thanks to all for these most interesting contributions. For novices such as myself, I have found the easy-to-find "The Black Corps" by Robin Lumsden to contain a convenient précis of the Allgemeine SS structures as well as detail of honor cuff titles and such and a useful complement to Mollo. Much may be secondary sources or unacknowledged but it does have a convenient table of matching Standarte no.; Location; Standarte Honor Title; and Sturm Honor titles. I have two copies... one for the car. Its wonderful to see examples of the great variety that existed. Regards, Paul

Allgemeine SS cuff titles, examples from the remarkable Delich treasures.....Allgemeine SS cuff titles, examples from the remarkable Delich treasures.....In this connection, as concerns, the Sta 1. in Muenchen, this item, the fabled " 2 Casella" martyr honor title for the 2 Sturm in the 1st Sturmbann

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast