Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Allgemeine SS cufftitle '8'

Article about: Can someone help me with this cufftitle please. I am looking in Andrew Mollo's 'Uniforms of the SS' Volume 1 (the only Mollo book I have) and there is every number but '8' ! Also is it norma

Default Allgemeine SS cufftitle '8'

Can someone help me with this cufftitle please.

I am looking in Andrew Mollo's 'Uniforms of the SS' Volume 1 (the only Mollo book I have) and there is every number but '8' !

Also is it normal to have two RZM tags with different numbers?

Thanks for helping out an 'SS novice'

Nick
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Allgemeine SS cufftitle '8'   Allgemeine SS cufftitle '8'  

Allgemeine SS cufftitle '8'   Allgemeine SS cufftitle '8'  

"In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Allgemeine SS cufftitle '8'
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Allgemeine SS cufftitle '8'

Hi Nick,

It is perfectly normal to have two tags. Each is from a different vendor, one for embroidery and the other for the base manufacture of the band. The number "8" is valid. Despite being an excellent resource, Mollo is not entirely inclusive.

CMH

?

from my limited knowledge in this area, the tags look ok an also the wire work on the '8' and border look fine imo.

Many thanks guys

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Yes, it's original, but they are not rare
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Thanks Dimas, yes I thought they were fairly common cufftitles

Nick

?

And this cufftitle currently for sale for 225 USD at the WAF
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Quote by Dimas View Post
    And this cufftitle currently for sale for 225 USD at the WAF
    Yes, not a bad price , what do you think?

Nick

Allgemeine SS cufftitle '8'Allgemeine SS cufftitle '8'Allgemeine SS cufftitle '8'Allgemeine SS cufftitle '8'The cuff title in question is of the post 1937 pattern for the Sturm, as well as the senior leader of the 8 Standarte. However, in the main, this cuff title was worn by members of all ranks of the 8 Sturm within what was likely the 2d or 3d Sturmbann of a Standarte.
    These cuff titles are usually misidentified as officer's cuff titles, which might have applied in an earlier period. In the summer of 1937 the system of badges more or less introduced in the course of 1934 underwent a general revision the full details of which I have never seen.
    The 1991 version of Mollo makes reference to this fact that was not sufficiently interpreted in the original versions of his work of the late 1960s. Such is scholarship.
    As others have suggested, the embroidery was done by one firm where as the woven band was made by another.Allgemeine SS cufftitle '8'

The enclosure here is courtesy of Mr. d'Alquen, the authority sine qua non of such matters as this.

This kind of Sturmband is widely available and though it lacks the panache of some Waffen SS cuff titles, it is an authentic item with its own history.Allgemeine SS cufftitle '8'Allgemeine SS cufftitle '8'
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 05-11-2012 at 11:19 PM.

Thank you for that FB

Nick