Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8

Allgemeine SS em cap opinions

Article about: You are correct FB. It's quite boring to have to go over the same old ground with the same old characters time and time again.

Default Re: Allgemeine SS em cap opinions

Quote by BenVK View Post
    But FB, it's too round!

Seriously though, the only concern I had was that the tag looked very large in proportion to the cap itself although I can see no issue with the authenticity of the tag itself.

I have to say I'm not so keen on this example though.
    Here is another image with what seems to be a large white tag, but which is not nearly as much as it seems in certain images.
    This cap comes from a noted US Midwest collection and was or was not sold recently at auction.

The cap with the Hochland badge I shall leave to others.
    Attached Images Attached Images Allgemeine SS em cap opinions 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Allgemeine SS em cap opinions
    P
    Many

Also relevant or not....luckily these things no longer are like cat nip to me. Someone else can shoulder the burden.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Allgemeine SS em cap opinions  
    Attached Images Attached Images Allgemeine SS em cap opinions  Allgemeine SS em cap opinions 

?

Thanks FB for showing these larger tags.

Quote by BenVK View Post
    Thanks FB for showing these larger tags.
    You are welcome. The white tag of the era 1934-5 or even -6 is quite a bit larger than the later black tag enclosed here. One sees in the Herstellungsvorschriften d RZM that such tags for the array of uniforms, equipment etc. (though not listed for the SS in said regulations) came in a variety of sizes. The weakened modern mind suffocated in standardization via Fordism and Talyorism is often misled by such things. Wie schade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Allgemeine SS em cap opinions  
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 07-21-2010 at 03:49 PM.

As concerns the "too round" piece, such a statement reflects more on the person making it than on the record of the past and whatever truth he might glean from same. Such a person also never spent much time in a hat store in Germany either now or then....obviously.

There is less merit in this all horizons participation than some might think.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 07-21-2010 at 06:55 PM.

?

The "too round" collector means well I'm sure but has an obvious stone in his shoe about shapes and what's acceptable in his mind. I remember him once talking about his liking for a cap to have a curved bottom edge profile from front to back when looking side on to it. I guess we all apply our own collecting criteria to these things but I never quite understood his logic.

The Hochland badged cap is being returned I'm happy to say as the buyer is a friend and a gentleman.

Quote by BenVK View Post
    The "too round" collector means well I'm sure but has an obvious stone in his shoe about shapes and what's acceptable in his mind. I remember him once talking about his liking for a cap to have a curved bottom edge profile from front to back when looking side on to it. I guess we all apply our own collecting criteria to these things but I never quite understood his logic.

The Hochland badged cap is being returned I'm happy to say as the buyer is a friend and a gentleman.

Many persons on these sites seek an ultimate, complete truth with very incomplete evidence. They will always be disappointed, and the issue is compounded because they cannot articulate their ideas clearly or in a convincing manner. Ben has a more supple and refined mind along with superiors gifts of analysis.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8