Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Allgemeine SS Field Grey Tunic

Article about: Hello, I was wondering if anyone could please shed some light on these stamps. This is a field grey Allgemeine SS tunic. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you, George

Default Re: Allgemeine SS Field Grey Tunic

Quote by radonovan View Post
    No, we certainly do not. Hence the difficulty leaving this site once on it!
    We profit from your presence, dear colleague.

Onwards to new uplands of knowledge of foetid woolens.

Even to greater knowledge of "sculls," if someone could unearth something historically significant about same, in fact, i.e. orders, specifications, correspondence versus what the other sites contain.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Allgemeine SS Field Grey Tunic  
    Attached Images Attached Images Allgemeine SS Field Grey Tunic 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Allgemeine SS Field Grey Tunic
    P
    Many

I have got once in my collection one VT tunic with a typical political 48 size stamp what got right hand above the number 2. Not sure for it meaning either. But no question it was done in this way.

Yes great information like no where else, the only problem is that everyone can see these information's even without being registered to this website. Many people working against the original collector market can learn very well from here to improve their current copy's as well.

Quote by Robert H View Post
    I have got once in my collection one VT tunic with a typical political 48 size stamp what got right hand above the number 2. Not sure for it meaning either. But no question it was done in this way.

Yes great information like no where else, the only problem is that everyone can see these information's even without being registered to this website. Many people working against the original collector market can learn very well from here to improve their current copy's as well.
    I have made the latter point many times, and do believe that the fakes have profited directly from our, even my work. But this syndrome is hardly new, and it will not do to hoard and restrict information and knowledge to an elite few, a kind of group of philosopher kings and queens. Knowledge will out, and we live in an age of its proliferation on an unprecedented scale. After all, Robert, you are an engineer and Gutenberg thus gave Luther the means to propagate his ideas. I hardly see a way to restrict all of this out of some elitist motivation. The advent of the Mollo books revolutionized the fakes in the 1970s, and the process is hardly to be controlled by us in our wish to protect ourselves. What cannot be faked is the craft and skill of former times, which is irretrievably lost, save in certain highly restricted locales. By the same token, you can say, for instance, that the Whammond, Jenkins, Herman, and Shea websites also aid the fakers, which they plainly do. I have excluded other sites through neglect, but you get my drift.

There existed a time in which scarcity of knowledge and information were predominant, but such a moment is long gone.

Foetid woolens or bust.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Allgemeine SS Field Grey Tunic  

dukhunter
    ?

For those of us who have not reached the level of competency that you, F-B, and you, Robert, and others have attained on this subject (foetid woolens), we very much appreciate you sharing with us the information you've accumulated from your years of study and experience. For that we thank you!

Unfortunately, to coin an old phrase, I think that the "cat is already out of the bag" when it comes to the fakers having access to insider information. In my opinion, these people are out to deceive the innocent and greedy, not the old pros and have what they need to do just that. Obviously you don't want to make it easier for them than it already is but I suggest that their target market is the inexperienced and those who think they can make a fast buck by re-selling. Anyway, that is my take on the subject.

Once more I thank you, F-B, and you, Robert, for your valuable input. This is a great place and I must say provides a more civilized environment than some of the other forums.

Thank you and Happy Thanksgiving to my American Brethren!

George

Thanks, to you, Mr. Duckhunter. We give thanks for the blessings of foetid woolens, as well as for this website, where knowledge triumphs over childish and churlish nonsense. As regards the fakers, I think they prey on the uninformed, but there are also some pretty sophisticated fakes, too.

This enclosed is a picture of woolens in 1941 before they became foetid, a picture essay on the uniforms of the US Army.

F-B, we have to look over it and stand above the enemies as usually.

Below the stamp I mentioned above:

dukhunter
    ?

Thank you Robert for posting that photo. Any idea of wht the 3 stands for in the gray tunic I posted?

F-B, I still have both sets of my Dad's "Navy Blue" woolen officer's uniforms that are not foetid but tidy and clean and stored for 65 years. He survived both Iwo and Okinawa!

Thank you,
    George

?

Bumping this thread due no any answers about the metrical size question is given. the 1,2,3,4,5 is a length system, for example
    first is 166-170cm, second 168-173, 3- 171-176 4-174-179, 5 177-182
    46 size, breast 90-93 ( not waist) 48- 94-97cm, 50 98-101cm , 52 102-105 up to 56,which is bigger
    So, the bigger tunic which is could made this time on the factory without any special contracts could be 112 cm breast, and 184 cm long
    The Robert's tunic is for example 94 cm breast, and for approx 174 cm long soldier, which was this time even a bigger than a medium size
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

The system of size markings is well described in the Herstellungsvorschriften d RZM, which are easily purchased in Germany in reprint.

?

Surely all records available even in the ebay, but that is not bad if someone will share it here
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3