Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Allgemeine SS greatcoat

Article about: Hi dears, I found this forum and i saw that it's really good. I'm 28 and I begins to collect one years ago... I get this overcoat of an allgemeine SS from a collector, and I ask to you if so

?

Default Re: Allgemeine SS greatcoat

The main problem that the coat is not SS in cut and probably some paramilitaria units as a post, mineworkers etc. The hat as described abowe is Bundesgrenzschuetze cap with fake markings. But who knoe's may be the tab is original, but we need to see it first
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Allgemeine SS greatcoat
    P
    Many

Bob Coleman has included nice images of real black SS overcoats. I own two of them, but they are hard to photograph. The objects in this thread are not authentic and not even close. The Grenadier website has a nice piece ex the Coleman collection for sale, with provenance, and it is of great rarity. The Whammond site also has an authentic, but sold overcoat to examine. These items seldom turn up. The issued, VA/SS type of the later 1930s is heavily marked and quite distinctive for enlisted ranks.Allgemeine SS greatcoat
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 05-20-2011 at 09:32 PM.

I have no commercial interest in these items, save I have cordial terms with these people.Allgemeine SS greatcoat

Mine are not for sale, either, and one day I shall photograph them. One of them is an earlier type from the Cologne Standarte and the other is from Kiel or Luebeck and is the 1938 pattern of thing with all the stamps, marks, etc. I do not own an officer's one, and I should buy the ones for sale now, but the endless uncertainty of the 21st century weighs over me in my old age.

?

Hi, What do you think about this Allgemeine ss great coat GOOD or BAD!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Allgemeine SS greatcoat   Allgemeine SS greatcoat  

Allgemeine SS greatcoat   Allgemeine SS greatcoat  

Allgemeine SS greatcoat   Allgemeine SS greatcoat  

Allgemeine SS greatcoat  

?

Quote by Astara View Post
    Hi, What do you think about this Allgemeine ss great coat GOOD or BAD!
    At least this coat looks nice from what I see
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

?

What about the ink RZM stamp, That's a first for me. Have you seen a ink RZM stamp before ? I would love to know what FB think's

It looks fine to me. I have seen this stamping before. It refers to the approved material to be used for the greatcoat's construction.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    It looks fine to me. I have seen this stamping before. It refers to the approved material to be used for the greatcoat's construction.

Cheers, Ade.
    So it was a stamp to say the material is good and can be used O.K thank you.

It look's like a early coat what year do you think, Before 1938? around 36 maybe.

I think " Hosentuch " would literally translate as " cloth for trousers " , but see no reason to think the actual material would be different .
    I found this similar stamp on file , shown by Pascal Bernhard - inside an actual pair of trousers . There is some difference , in lacking the bottom half of the text ..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Allgemeine SS greatcoat  

Another stamp , seems to be in the same place ( border ) as well ..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Allgemeine SS greatcoat  

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast