Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Allgemeine SS Hauptsturmfuhrer

Article about: Thanks for the image, such as they are. Your chum has some remarkable stuff and perhaps some pieces open to debate. I have other LAH cuff title images, and I shall post them. My image of the

Default Re: Allgemeine SS Hauptsturmfuhrer

Thanks for the image, such as they are. Your chum has some remarkable stuff and perhaps some pieces open to debate.

I have other LAH cuff title images, and I shall post them.

My image of the Grenadier militaria piece is not perfect, but it is of an authentic piece.

Here is an early, very desirable variant....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Allgemeine SS Hauptsturmfuhrer  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Allgemeine SS Hauptsturmfuhrer
    P
    Many

This piece has a woven wire variant, ca. the late 1930s. Such was less expensive. This image is courtesy of Grenadier militaria.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Allgemeine SS Hauptsturmfuhrer  

Notice the embroidery on this piece sold by Grenadier militaria recently, though it is not an LAH piece.

Also, at the risk of being a real pain in the arsch, the uniform at the head of the file is that of that of the SS Verfuegungstruppe, not the Allgemeine SS.

?

The cuff title on this tunic is made like the cuff title on the late
    30's Sturmfuhrer tunic that was also recently posted. The additional title posted here to clarify a correct title is made in a different style. I have looked through several reference books and many look like the one on the black tunic. What am I missing not being able to recognize a genunine vs a fake title?

I do hate to be a pill, but the recognition of fake versus real in embroidery is poorly reached via the internet. I have included what I have at hand. What I cannot offer via the internet is the German phrase Fingerspitzengefuehl to matters that also are intuitive.

Also, I am a lousy photographer, with my unfirm hand and dulled eyesight, so I can be of no help in this connection.

The internet has a lot of real cuff titles, especially those of colleague Hritz and others of note. Do look at them. But one also has to look at the real thing, and do so often.

Sorry if the above seems arch or coy, but it is thus.

Happy embroidery to all.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2