Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Allgemeine SS pic i recently bought..

Article about: I know this belongs in the photo section, i just could not let it sit there, i have never seen a pic with so many members in their Allgemeine SS uniforms. I also do have this listed in the p

Default Allgemeine SS pic i recently bought..

I know this belongs in the photo section, i just could not let it sit there, i have never seen a pic with so many members in their Allgemeine SS uniforms.

I also do have this listed in the photo section also.

I would just love to have 10% of those, let alone all of them.

And the standards also.

thanks
    Brian
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Allgemeine SS pic i recently bought..  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Allgemeine SS pic i recently bought..
    P
    Many

Default re: Allgemeine SS pic i recently bought..

Quote by blackheart0866 View Post
    I know this belongs in the photo section, i just could not let it sit there, i have never seen a pic with so many members in their Allgemeine SS uniforms.

I also do have this listed in the photo section also.

I would just love to have 10% of those, let alone all of them.

And the standards also.

thanks
    Brian
    Brian, the unit in the foreground is the Allgemeine SS Standarte from western Berlin of the era, Charlottenburg. They are marching back to Charlottenburg from the Lustgarten in front of the Schloss in the center of Berlin.

It is a very nice picture, indeed of an early date.

I imagine that essentially 98.9% of the uniforms and maybe 50% of the persons you see here did not survive until 1945 or 1951.

Here is a cap similar to those on the heads in the picture, but this cap is not of Berlin origin, I believe.
    Attached Images Attached Images Allgemeine SS pic i recently bought.. 

I've seen some Allgemeine SS pics before, but when i saw this one, there was no way i was letting it slip by, Ive never seen so many in one at one location like this before.

It has to be the best i've seen so far.

thanks for the kind words.

Brian

You say the cap is not of Berlin origin, but my pic is, I'll trade you straight up, even trade, how does that sound to you.

lololol

Brian

Quote by blackheart0866 View Post
    You say the cap is not of Berlin origin, but my pic is, I'll trade you straight up, even trade, how does that sound to you.

lololol

Brian
    Thank you Brian. Your picture is wonderful and we thank you for sharing it. This hat I show was made in Munich and I am not sure where the owner lived originally. I am sure the owner would not be happy that the thing is with me, I am sure... I have never seen an Allgemeine SS uniform from a Berlin unit in real life. Those I have seen are generally from the US zone in the west of Germany. I am sure some must exist, but I have not seen any examples in the collector sphere of which I am aware, but that is not much. I have seen uniforms made in Berlin, surely, but not of these units or this particular unit.

My hat here was of a doctor an academic with a PhD, but I cannot make out the name. He might have been a lawyer or some other professional attracted to the elite reputation of the schwarzes Korps and horrified by the proletarian SA. Charlottenburg was also hardly a working class area at the time, either. Nor is it today.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Allgemeine SS pic i recently bought..