Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Allgemeine SS Rank Tab

Article about: by Friedrich-Berthold Thank you. I am sorry if my tone was too harsh. It is a very small detail. No at all my friend! Never took it that way. Always love to hear your thoughts and opinions o

?

Default Allgemeine SS Rank Tab

Gents, i'm considering this early SS rank tab and need to hear your honest opinions. This one has the cardboard backing, thanks!

Samir

Allgemeine SS Rank Tab

Allgemeine SS Rank Tab

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Allgemeine SS Rank Tab
    P
    Many

Default Re: Allgemeine SS Rank Tab

Allgemeine SS Rank TabAllgemeine SS Rank TabAllgemeine SS Rank TabAllgemeine SS Rank TabAllgemeine SS Rank TabAllgemeine SS Rank TabAllgemeine SS Rank TabHere are some to which you might compare yours.....I do not collect loose insignia and without sniffing and feeling it, I can only offer tentative conclusions.

The appearance of yours is heavily worn, but all the worn bits seem to add up....sort of. I would have to examine it.
    Badge cloth in the year 1935 or 1936, was all wool, of a fine quality.
    You can see my examples. Yours is worn down quite bit, but, so too is the alu wire......
    I will let others add their ideas.

Not a straightforward tab by any means, I have only ever seen a thin cloth material with cardboard backing on late war tabs.

However, this one could possibly be early and worn on the brownshirt but I admit that I am guessing here.

Personally I hope it is original as I like the occasional "curve ball" that you get when collecting as it keeps you thinking.

Best of luck with this.............

?

Yes, its a first for me as well. I've never seen the cardboard backing and the thin cloth material but I thought it was due to my lack of knowledge of the early type SS insignia. However it does look legit in my eyes, but best to wait and let more experienced collectors than I am chime in. I rather not play with dice.

You got a nice up check from Greg Domian on the other site, and his opinion is surely sound.

?

FB, bochmann, thank you both for your kind help. Early SS insignia can be very tough for me.

Regards
    Samir

Allgemeine SS Rank TabYour collar patch is not "early" per se, it is of the era 1934-1940, whereas an early Allgemeine SS collar patch is thus. This image is courtesy of the great David Delich. No one has to have a standardized nomenclature on these things, as I only collect black SS uniforms, and am uninterested in wartime and late war insignia.

In any case, I think this collar patch is likely real, as all the age makes sense, more or less.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 01-18-2013 at 07:07 PM.

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Allgemeine SS Rank TabYour collar patch is not "early" per se, it is of the era 1934-1940, whereas an early Allgemeine SS collar patch is thus. This image is courtesy of the great David Delich. No one has to have a standardized nomenclature on these things, as I only collect black SS uniforms, and am uninterested in wartime and late war insignia.

In any case, I think this collar patch is likely real, as all the age makes sense, more or less.
    FB, I didn't even know u posted a comment, so please forgive me for the late reply.

My personal definition of "early SS" is 33-36, so forgive me for the confusion.

Kindest Regards
    Samir

Quote by SSamir View Post
    FB, I didn't even know u posted a comment, so please forgive me for the late reply.

My personal definition of "early SS" is 33-36, so forgive me for the confusion.

Kindest Regards
    Samir
    Thank you. I am sorry if my tone was too harsh. It is a very small detail.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast