Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Allgemeine SS Scharführer - Rock,Mantel and Visor.

Article about: Sorry but the lange Hose with the weisse Biese doesn`t belong to the things that were found together. The Dachbodenfund was "just" the visor, Rock, Mantel, and a black private purc

Allgemeine SS Scharführer  - Rock,Mantel and Visor.Allgemeine SS Scharführer  - Rock,Mantel and Visor.Allgemeine SS Scharführer  - Rock,Mantel and Visor.Allgemeine SS Scharführer  - Rock,Mantel and Visor.Thanks. Well, the tunic and the overcoat are surely real, even if they have been redecorated. Considering where and how they were found, this is quite normal. I have seen it often in my life in Germany.
    The peaked cap is of a much earlier era than the tunic and the overcoat.
    The cap has some traits of being gebastelt, or not, depending on how I squint my eyes.
    Ideally, to fit the tunic and coat, you want a later, ca. 1938 style of cap.
    However, the earlier cap was worn later, to be sure. There are many images of pre 1936 caps in the post 1936 time.
    The sweat band on the cap looks as if it has been reattached. Not necessarily larceny.
    and the shape of the cap is somewhat lumpy, even for an early cap.
    The early caps are harmonious in their Gestamterscheinung, even when poorly stored.
    Thanks for showing us.
    The key with the cap is the textile of the cap cover, that is, a distinct woolen of the early type.
    It is very distinctive.
    Also, the piping should be discolored (however slight) with age, and the Lindensamt of the Muetzenband also should have a certain grain in its appearance.
    The tunic of yours is interesting because it is trikot and issued, which is not often seen.
    The blank collar patch has many meanings beyond the conventional.
    Was there a cuff title of some kind?
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 06-14-2014 at 02:15 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Allgemeine SS Scharführer  - Rock,Mantel and Visor.
    P
    Many

Allgemeine SS Scharführer  - Rock,Mantel and Visor.Here is a similar tunic with a cuff title. This tunic is tailored, and it has no tags and such. It is an officer's quality uniform.

Allgemeine SS Scharführer  - Rock,Mantel and Visor.Allgemeine SS Scharführer  - Rock,Mantel and Visor.Allgemeine SS Scharführer  - Rock,Mantel and Visor.Allgemeine SS Scharführer  - Rock,Mantel and Visor. ThreeAllgemeine SS Scharführer  - Rock,Mantel and Visor.Allgemeine SS Scharführer  - Rock,Mantel and Visor.Allgemeine SS Scharführer  - Rock,Mantel and Visor. early officer's caps, with the Lindensamt. That is Linden velvet.
    It is very distinctive.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 06-14-2014 at 02:21 PM.

Allgemeine SS Scharführer  - Rock,Mantel and Visor.Allgemeine SS Scharführer  - Rock,Mantel and Visor.As pertains to the cap, you might also want to measure the cap band width, as well. The originals are wider than the copies, whereby the placement of the Totenschaedel is often a problem
    with the reproductions, i.e. the bap band is too narrow. The originals more or less have space for the badge and the chin strap in good order.

This officer`s cap in your last pic is similar to mine I think. Already compared these 2^^, but had no idea.
    You said "The key with the cap is the textile of the cap cover, that is, a distinct woolen of the early type.
    It is very distinctive. " - do you need another pic from above the cap ( better pics from the cap cover ) ?

Regards

?

Im digging this thread - good info!.... Nice finds Fal....

As my friend FB mentioned, other ranks caps can be found with a velvet band although uncommon. I once owned a black other ranks cap in the late 1960's made by Pekuro with silver buttons with the leather chin cord, velvet band and officer grade wool top. It also had a leather peak! Such things have never been seen by 95% of today's collectors who would immediately cry "fake" to anything they have never previously encountered. There is nothing I see that is inconsistant with an early original cap.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Allgemeine SS Scharführer  - Rock,Mantel and Visor.Allgemeine SS Scharführer  - Rock,Mantel and Visor.Allgemeine SS Scharführer  - Rock,Mantel and Visor.Allgemeine SS Scharführer  - Rock,Mantel and Visor.Allgemeine SS Scharführer  - Rock,Mantel and Visor.Allgemeine SS Scharführer  - Rock,Mantel and Visor.Thanks. Clear pictures of the cap cover and the piping would help me a lot.
    The real way to tell is to feel it, sniff it, and look at in day light.
    The woolen is a melton wool of wonderful quality, and also with eighty years of age.
    It is Fingerspitzengtefuehl, and also the result of the ownership of more than one of these.
    The final piece is how the piping is crafted into the cap.
    The cap with the small crown is the early type, ca. 1932-1933 or so, or 1934. This being said, this cap is from 1933 and it has a high crown....!
    I own a couple of these via a miracle of fifty years of looking.
    Thanks

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    As my friend FB mentioned, other ranks caps can be found with a velvet band although uncommon. I once owned a black other ranks cap in the late 1960's made by Pekuro with silver buttons with the leather chin cord, velvet band and officer grade wool top. It also had a leather peak! Such things have never been seen by 95% of today's collectors who would immediately cry "fake" to anything they have never previously encountered. There is nothing I see that is inconsistant with an early original cap.
    My friend Bob has ten plus years more experience than do I, and much more wisdom.
    The fact that the ensemble came with the lange Hose with the weisse Biese is also a good sign, as
    the extra uniform is often the one that got saved and endured.

Allgemeine SS Scharführer  - Rock,Mantel and Visor.Allgemeine SS Scharführer  - Rock,Mantel and Visor.The textile part is more or less plain in this image, although I am a terrible Fotograf.

- - ------- - -

Happy hats and much good fortune in your collecting.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast