Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Allgemeine SS Scharführer - Rock,Mantel and Visor.

Article about: Sorry but the lange Hose with the weisse Biese doesn`t belong to the things that were found together. The Dachbodenfund was "just" the visor, Rock, Mantel, and a black private purc

Sorry but the lange Hose with the weisse Biese doesn`t belong to the things that were found together.
    The Dachbodenfund was "just" the visor, Rock, Mantel, and a black private purchased breeches in the same trikot as the rock.
    There were also a black belt with the leibriemen and an SA buckle. I`m actually waiting for pictures from this Dachbodenfund, I´m in contact with the one who discovered it 20 years ago.
    I enclosed a picture of the Leibriemen and the Hose ( buckle wasn`t part of the Dachbodenfund)

Regards

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    My friend Bob has ten plus years more experience than do I, and much more wisdom.
    The fact that the ensemble came with the lange Hose with the weisse Biese is also a good sign, as
    the extra uniform is often the one that got saved and endured.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Allgemeine SS Scharführer  - Rock,Mantel and Visor.   Allgemeine SS Scharführer  - Rock,Mantel and Visor.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Allgemeine SS Scharführer  - Rock,Mantel and Visor.
    P
    Many

The cap you describe sounds very unique ! You say " Such things have never been seen by 95% of today's collectors who would immediately cry "fake" to anything they have never previously encountered." - thats what happened with my visor too.
    When I understand you correct, you think my cap could be a early good one ? My english is not the best and I`m not sure about your last sentence.

@ FB : i will take better pictures from the cap for you and post them asap. What I can say is that it feels good in hand and smells like an 80 years old cap .

Regards Falli

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    As my friend FB mentioned, other ranks caps can be found with a velvet band although uncommon. I once owned a black other ranks cap in the late 1960's made by Pekuro with silver buttons with the leather chin cord, velvet band and officer grade wool top. It also had a leather peak! Such things have never been seen by 95% of today's collectors who would immediately cry "fake" to anything they have never previously encountered. There is nothing I see that is inconsistant with an early original cap.

?

Just an FYI - my "AHS Visor Cap" also smelled like 80+ years old.... It, was a clever FAKE.....

Hello Falli-
    I was trying to convey to you that I had no problem with your cap being an early period original cap. I apologise for not being clear. I know that English is a second language for many of our members. English is a second language for my wife and we often have4 some problem communicating clearly.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Quote by Duff View Post
    Just an FYI - my "AHS Visor Cap" also smelled like 80+ years old.... It, was a clever FAKE.....
    Fakers have been known to "smoke" cloth items as it will give an aura of age to something that is not old.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

Hello Falli-
    I was trying to convey to you that I had no problem with your cap being an early period original cap. I apologise for not being clear. I know that English is a second language for many of our members. English is a second language for my wife and we often have4 some problem communicating clearly.
    Are you sure that's not just you using an "excuse" with your wife Bob? I didn't do the "chores" because I thought you said something different?... HAHA!!

?

Fakers have been known to "smoke" cloth items as it will give an aura of age to something that is not old.
    It was sure SMOKED - with a FAKE cannon!.... lol

?

I do not collect German WW2 Items, however I find this thread very interesting myself. Thread like these tell some of the easier things to look out for if I come across this sort of item, and as I said, I do not collect them, however sometimes at flea markets or garage sales I do see some German items...so now, due to threads like this, I can tell SOME things are not correct, something I could not have done BEFORE becoming a member here and reading what those that know far more than I have explained.

Thank You Forum again!!!!

Dean O
    Ajax Canada

Hello Falli-
    We have a picture of Bob's cap from the 1960s somewhere here. Thanks to our German colleague for showing his things.
    Real material is sadly the exception when it comes to black SS regalia.
    And this site is the ideal one for such an analysis, because elsewhere the rule of the lords of the flies means
    that even real material is usually trashed within seconds of its appearance, and the innocent are grossly misled as a result.

Thank you Bob ! You don`t have to apologise, I was the one who was to lazy in school maybe .
    Back to the topic - I`m back with new pictures from the cap. I hope the pictures are a bit better and more detailed than the first.

@ Duff : interesting with the smoke ! Damn fakers -.-

Hello Falli-
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Allgemeine SS Scharführer  - Rock,Mantel and Visor.   Allgemeine SS Scharführer  - Rock,Mantel and Visor.  

Allgemeine SS Scharführer  - Rock,Mantel and Visor.   Allgemeine SS Scharführer  - Rock,Mantel and Visor.  

Allgemeine SS Scharführer  - Rock,Mantel and Visor.   Allgemeine SS Scharführer  - Rock,Mantel and Visor.  

Allgemeine SS Scharführer  - Rock,Mantel and Visor.  

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast