MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Allgemeine ss – sd tunic

Article about: Hello, I have pics of a ALLGEMEINE SS – SD TUNIC, I would love to hear opinions from the pics if there are any red flags? I was wondering if this is an altered jacket. Thanks for you help.

Women were beautiful back then! You old geezers had much to look at.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Allgemeine ss – sd tunic
    P
    Many

Quote by paulp4180 View Post
    I am one who looks forward to your amusing essays, FB and thank you for them !
    Thank you, dear colleague. Happy collecting to you.

I further note that the original poster has vanished without a trace.

Menschlich, allzu menschlich.....

CBH
    ?

As always FB another beautifully written reply , which does so deserve a thank you . But with todays lack of social graces , it may be a long time coming . The poster must be too busy chasing fakes through the internet jungle , to give you the thanks you deserve . Keep up the great work , and please don't let the ingrates sour you on this great site , which owes you so much . Thank you for everything .

?

Indeed, Mr CBH
    I wish I could thank Mr FB properly, as he deserves, but my poor english does not allow me.It Would be different if he spoke portuguese.I have been reading lots of his posts and training my eyes in order to learn about Black tunics.After seeing many of his treasures I dare say that this Dr Breuer fake is easy to detect.
    I wonder if there might exist better fakes out there, like helmets and embroidered skulls that are quite more difficult to spot nowadays.I just own one Allgemeine tunic,discussed here few weeks ago, but I really wish to start collecting them.
    Is it at all possible to post Pictures of another fake examples?
    Do they existe to date?
    Jose

Allgemeine ss – sd tunicThe north German surprise package dealer had some very well made fakes, in fact.

You have to proceed on a case by case basis with these things.

Do not collect these things without a long process of preparation, and, since I do not know where you live, you need to examine real, actual uniforms in some number.

I have an unfair advantage in this regard, but I try to ameliorate it with my sharing here. If it helps, then that is a source of satisfaction.

Kelly Hicks has some very expensive SS uniforms for sale. These things are not easily had, and you have to be very careful.

The images on these websites are not sufficient in and of themselves to give you the kind of surety you require.

Good luck.

We have many examples of fake black SS uniforms on this site. The examples are too numerous to mention.

Janke in Germany began to make good copies of these in the 1980s, at the latest, and today there are dozens of fake black SS uniforms in production across the globe.

The well done fakes I examined in the first years of the new century were well made, but were also without any age at all, and the textiles were often wide of the mark.

The real criterion lies in the quality of the textiles, most of which, despite all digital gossip and paranoia, cannot be matched. Nor can the quality of uniform tailoring

of former times be matched, especially if you look as closely as possible.

Allgemeine ss – sd tunicAllgemeine ss – sd tunicAllgemeine ss – sd tunicAllgemeine ss – sd tunicAllgemeine ss – sd tunicAllgemeine ss – sd tunicAllgemeine ss – sd tunicAllgemeine ss – sd tunicAllgemeine ss – sd tunicAllgemeine ss – sd tunicAllgemeine ss – sd tunicAllgemeine ss – sd tunicAllgemeine ss – sd tunicAllgemeine ss – sd tunicAllgemeine ss – sd tunicAllgemeine ss – sd tunicAllgemeine ss – sd tunicAllgemeine ss – sd tunicFoetid woolens.

Allgemeine ss – sd tunicAllgemeine ss – sd tunicWeitze also has a couple of authentic Allgemeine SS tunics that strike me as fairly integral.

The issue arises as to the badges and the tunic, itself.

The problem eventuates from the Geo Petersen heap of authentic tunics. Or the Czech ones, too. Here is a Moravian theater stamp. Or the Lenfilm stamp
    in the Geo Petersen specials. Many of these tunic were redecorated. They are real tunics, as is the cap a real cap. Their biography was in the Warsaw Pact,
    whereas most of mine were in NATO. A twist of fate, but the fact that these things are still authentic is important.

An item with integral badges has more value, and some of us are more lucky than others in this regard, but the generalized hysteria about SS uniforms overall
    makes the things problematic.

Dr CMH and Mr. Seventy Eight here have started to collect in the last decade and they can share from their experience. There are sources of good itemsAllgemeine ss – sd tunicAllgemeine ss – sd tunicAllgemeine ss – sd tunicAllgemeine ss – sd tunicAllgemeine ss – sd tunicAllgemeine ss – sd tunicAllgemeine ss – sd tunic that you can
    count on one hand, and then, of course, there is the break up of old collections. It is the latter that I hunger for, since one can find good things that way.
    But you have to pay the price of admission, which is pretty expensive. And this fact alone is where it stops and starts for most, as it must.
    The needs of daily existence take precedence over the spending of insane sums of money for old rags, save for the human desire to establish continuity in the present
    with myth and legend and whatever.

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Dr CMH and Mr. Seventy Eight here have started to collect in the last decade and they can share from their experience. There are sources of good items that you can count on one hand, and then, of course, there is the break up of old collections. It is the latter that I hunger for, since one can find good things that way.
    But you have to pay the price of admission, which is pretty expensive. And this fact alone is where it stops and starts for most, as it must.
    The needs of daily existence take precedence over the spending of insane sums of money for old rags, save for the human desire to establish continuity in the present
    with myth and legend and whatever.
    Jose,

I can share my experiences with this material and, I must say, it is exactly as FB has said it is. There are few sources for this material and genuine pieces come to market only on occasion. Networking with other collectors, those with advanced collections and their fingers on the pulse of this hobby, can assist with the disposition of old collections or items from their own inventory. I've had limited success in this area, but, I have built a decent relationship with a few dealers and I have been fortunate enough to purchase items from them before they are advertised publicly. This is the costlier option but I don't go to shows and my presence online is limited. Main thing to remember, the price of admission is indeed costly, and especially so for those who rush in unprepared.

Your tunic is a fine start in collecting, I would be proud of it. FB has given excellent guidance, both to you and to the entire community, regarding knowing enough about what you are buying and not paying too dear a price. Avoid check list mentality, this is a convoluted subject and, if you are to be successful, approach each item individually and be prepared for those with small minds or pettiness in their hearts to appear and attempt to tear you and the item down.

For example, one tunic I own (third from left, below) was purchased from a reputable source and came from a respected collector, who, in turn, purchased it from another reputable source. It is very rare, a Stammabteilung Montur, however, it has Russian film studio stamps inside. The price of the tunic was commensurate with the condition and inability to fully state with confidence that the badges are organic to the tunic- it cost only slightly more than one would pay for an average Officer's tunic. I had one individual reach out to me on the forum after purchasing the tunic, only to go on and on about how overpriced it was and that the date on the button of the shoulder strap did not match the cuff title and somehow did not fit into his own interpretation of this material, so he returned the item after a three day inspection period for a refund. Oddly enough, on another forum he represented the tunic as something he actually owned, posted it for a few pats on the back and to display his mastery of the subject, and then went on to state that he had to sell it off to purchase a home. On the maroon site, he goes on to fling mud at the former owner and the item itself. Quite tacky.

I would spend my time viewing original examples and then engage in comparison against unknowns. The originals all follow a prescribed method of construction and material, whereas the fakes do not. There is no specific "tell" that is common in the fakes we see today. The only commonality is their divergence from the originals.

Good luck in collecting. It takes a significant amount of effort to build any collection and with the pitfalls one finds in the SS subset, that effort is greatly intensified.
    Allgemeine ss – sd tunic

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast