Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Allgemeine ss – sd tunic

Article about: Hello, I have pics of a ALLGEMEINE SS – SD TUNIC, I would love to hear opinions from the pics if there are any red flags? I was wondering if this is an altered jacket. Thanks for you help.

?

Thanks a lot for your valuable advices,both FB and DrCMH.
    This is indeed the best forum I know and an excellent source for authentic and wonderful material.Thanks for sharing.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Allgemeine ss – sd tunic
    P
    Many

Allgemeine ss – sd tunicAllgemeine ss – sd tunicAllgemeine ss – sd tunicAllgemeine ss – sd tunic
    Quote by jose View Post
    Thanks a lot for your valuable advices,both FB and DrCMH.
    This is indeed the best forum I know and an excellent source for authentic and wonderful material.Thanks for sharing.
    If we were the other site, then you would be the butt of a pyschological warfare campaign in order to: a.) bore you to death with meaningless posts; b.) steal
    what authentic things you have with the assertion they are fake, but we will save you the agony; c.) create enough cognitive dissonance so that you will collect plastic lunch boxes or old Jim Beam whisky bottles.

Dr. CMH well describes the hazing to which he was subjected with his own efforts. It has happened to me, and it still happens to me, to which my response is
    to post more original material and to push the discourse, or as Americans call it, "narrative" to a higher level of precision and knowledge.

The sociopaths in collecting are their own reward.

Elsewhere at the moment, and I shall refrain from forwarding the link, there is an entirely typical discussion about this kind of material in which various
    persons who have never handled a single item of this kind spread their airy wisdom about all such objects and then some.

There is a uniform for sale in the Low Countries which is the butt of some controversy. The exchange is typical. Many of these are put together, but
    if you know what you are doing, you can more or less figure it out, and there are, indeed, ones that are integral, although this fact makes those who
    have never actually owned an SS regalia very upset and prone to lash out on line with their pranks and mischief.

We live in a time of psychological disruptions on a mass scale, so it is little wonder that things created by Heinrich Himmler engender frustration, envy, violence and nonsense en suite.

Many people have no interest in facts, merely want to live their lords of the flies lives to the hilt and the devil take the hindmost. Himmler would have understood
    all of this, you know. My hectoring posts are derived from the same nasty, school marm tone of his correspondence.

?

Mr FB
    If you mean that tunic from flandres that once belonged to Mr Bob Hitz, I completelly understand what you just exactly said early today.
    Very didactic, by all means....

Quote by jose View Post
    Mr FB
    If you mean that tunic from flandres that once belonged to Mr Bob Hitz, I completelly understand what you just exactly said early today.
    Yes, you are right. The discussion elsewhere is unhelpful. Hritz knows real material. The others have given me little evidence that they do.

I would note that the items found in Russian and Czech o Slovak, or Czech o Moravian theater stocks are authentic. They are of a different
    character from an item, say, found in the US Zone of occupation etc, but they are of the era.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 10-15-2016 at 10:40 AM.

Quote by jose View Post
    Mr FB
    Bob is very respected for his knowledge and would never sell a humped up tunic to defraud.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    Bob is very respected for his knowledge and would never sell a humped up tunic to defraud.
    Let me also not fail to say that Bob Coleman knows this material very well, and has rich experience. I own pieces from his collection with great pleasure.

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Let me also not fail to say that Bob Coleman knows this material very well, and has rich experience. I own pieces from his collection with great pleasure.
    I associate myself with the above. I proudly own some extremely nice items that once were in the Coleman collection as well.

Quote by DrCMH View Post
    I associate myself with the above. I proudly own some extremely nice items that once were in the Coleman collection as well.
    We both do, and, I, for one, wish that Hritz would return to post here, but to each his own.

His postings have great merit. He enabled me in the last few years to get an exceptional piece, for which I am very grateful.

Allgemeine ss – sd tunicAllgemeine ss – sd tunicAllgemeine ss – sd tunicAllgemeine ss – sd tunicAllgemeine ss – sd tunicAllgemeine ss – sd tunicAllgemeine ss – sd tunicAllgemeine ss – sd tunicAllgemeine ss – sd tunicAllgemeine ss – sd tunicAllgemeine ss – sd tunicAllgemeine ss – sd tunicAllgemeine ss – sd tunicDr CMH has shared unstintingly of his nice things to the benefit of all, which is, I think, how we should proceed here.

The more knowledge the better. Some disdain knowledge altogether. Others disdain the desire for knowledge which certain persons want to hoard,
    and so forth.

To each his own.

Since my collecting time is more or less drawing to an end, I am eager that newer collectors profit from what we know. To do otherwise strikes me
    as ethically reprehensible. In the process, there are those for whom the project is too complicated, and they fail or flail publicly with much collateral damage.
    Such a thing is entirely normal.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast