Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Allgemeine-SS shoulderboard for the rank group SS-Brigadefuhrer through Reichsfuhrer-SS

Article about: Thanks to David Delich for his magisterial support of our site, and thanks, of course, to Bob Coleman. We have a hard core and hard corps of stalwarts here who make this site useful and impo

Thanks to David Delich for his magisterial support of our site, and thanks, of course, to Bob Coleman. We have a hard core and hard corps of stalwarts here who make this site useful and important.
    If you browse elsewhere, you will find yourself at a dead end.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Allgemeine-SS shoulderboard for the rank group SS-Brigadefuhrer through Reichsfuhrer-SS
    P
    Many

Thanks for the photos! Great pics. Please forgive my ignorance on such things, but both of the examples show the three cord version, not the earlier two cord version. If I read your earlier posts correctly, you have never seen an example of the earlier two cord version, of which you doubt a surviving doesn't exist and that the example illustrated in the LAH is faked. I just wanted to clarify.

Quote by dbatson View Post
    Thanks for the photos! Great pics. Please forgive my ignorance on such things, but both of the examples show the three cord version, not the earlier two cord version. If I read your earlier posts correctly, you have never seen an example of the earlier two cord version, of which you doubt a surviving doesn't exist and that the example illustrated in the LAH is faked. I just wanted to clarify.
    I do not own the Bender LAH book and do not want to generalize. However, I do not know the image and do not want to generalize further.

If David Delich has not seen it, then I would like to know who has. What he encloses is of far more merit and significance.

As I say, I have seen the images in some contemporary work, but I cannot recall, whereas someone reading this can well do so.

Thanks for your professional reply. I have always heard that certain pieces of insignia in the Bender books were fakes. This might be just another case. Thanks again!

If you have an issue with one of Roger Bender's books, I suggest you write to him, and I am sure he will answer you.

Wim Saris is one of his authors, and he posts here, and he is an exceptionally engaged and helpful author, whose authority stands above the others and we are very lucky to have him help us with such generosity.

I have no issue with any of Roger Bender's books. I own many of them and refer to them quite often. I also have a few works by Wim Saris and find his work very well researched. In this case, I just happened to be reading up on the early Allgemeine-ss shoulderboards and found the topic of the two-cord version very interesting.

Allgemeine-SS shoulderboard for the rank group SS-Brigadefuhrer through Reichsfuhrer-SSMore:

"....One of your members mentioned the facat that
    the All-SS general officer's straps are being faked.
    I am not aware of how many manufactures of
    post-war straps are being manufactured, but unless
    one sees one adjacent to a genuine piece, they would
    have a difficult time ascertaining the authentic piece
    from the cheat. Shown here is a current fake (left)
    with a genuine three oak leaf cypher attached, next to
    a genuine strap with no cypher (right). The Reichsfuhrer-
    SS was not the only rank that utilized the silvered
    three-oak leaf cypher, as it was used also by higheer
    grades of the NSKK as well.
    Note that the finish of the aluminum wire of the
    repro lacks the lustre of the original. It has a dull,
    matte finish which appears rather lifeless next to the
    authentic strap, which has a brilliance about it that
    yet does not shine like a dime-store piece of tinsel.
    I offer this for your members to consider..."
    David..."

To which I say: Donnerwetter!

?

Here is the two cord "first Pattern " shoulderboard on von Ribbentrops white tunic, tunic is named and dated 1936 , this tunic came back with 6 other of his tunics. I also have a black tunic to a named Oberfuhrer with the same pattern shoulderboard again dated I think 1936 , along with pictures of him wearing this exact same tunic with this pattern board. .I have no knowledge of a gold /silver board with two cords but this pattern certainly was still being worn in 1936, it is the first pattern for General Officers, if memory serves me right jenkins had one for sale within the last year or so ?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Allgemeine-SS shoulderboard for the rank group SS-Brigadefuhrer through Reichsfuhrer-SS   Allgemeine-SS shoulderboard for the rank group SS-Brigadefuhrer through Reichsfuhrer-SS  

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast