Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Allgemeine-SS shoulderboard for the rank group SS-Brigadefuhrer through Reichsfuhrer-SS

Article about: Thanks to David Delich for his magisterial support of our site, and thanks, of course, to Bob Coleman. We have a hard core and hard corps of stalwarts here who make this site useful and impo

Thanks for the very nice material and our warm thanks for your sharing from your fine collection.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Allgemeine-SS shoulderboard for the rank group SS-Brigadefuhrer through Reichsfuhrer-SS
    P
    Many

?

As a added note the Bender/ Stan Cook book on the LAH shows this 1933 pattern Generals board on pg.267 attributed to the Ludwig Baer collection , it looks quite correct , other SS officers rank grouping shoulderboards are shown , notice the design of the SS-Sturmfuhrer - SS- Obersturmbannfuhrer (four rows of twisted cord instead of six ), I have seen this board on a 1936 dated black tunic as well and I own early black SD tunic which has no date but has the "SD-hauptamt" cufftitle. I am sure Derek will have the date this pattern board was worn to but for sure it was still being utilized by tailors in 1936 or later judging by known dated clothing examples in collections.

Thanks for the very useful note.

?

Default first pattern in use

Allgemeine-SS shoulderboard for the rank group SS-Brigadefuhrer through Reichsfuhrer-SSHimmler wearing the first pattern shoulderboard , photo by Baur, Himmlers official photographer.

Thanks for all of your help on this most interesting topic!

Jim,
    I think your dates are pretty much on for the introduction of the second pattern. Here are the regulations from June 1937, which is most likely the date of introduction, and would fit with the 1936 date of your tunic and first pattern epaulette.
    d'Alquen
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Allgemeine-SS shoulderboard for the rank group SS-Brigadefuhrer through Reichsfuhrer-SS  

Thanks to all for the further, nice material.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3