Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

allgemeine SS tab 63

Article about: can anyone tell me where this unit was located or stationed?...thanks,,Robert

Default allgemeine SS tab 63

can anyone tell me where this unit was located or stationed?...thanks,,Robert
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture allgemeine SS tab 63  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement allgemeine SS tab 63
    P
    Many

Default Re: allgemeine SS tab 63

Quote by militarymania View Post
    can anyone tell me where this unit was located or stationed?...thanks,,Robert
    Wuerttemberg/Sued, 1st at Reutlingen, and then at Tuebingen, a wonderful university city in the vicinity of Stuttgart.

Where is the rest of the uniform?

i also got this "12" cuffband but dont know if it belonged with the "63" collar tab,,any info on the cuffband if it doesnt go with the tab???....thanks for the info,,Robert

i also got this "12" cuffband but dont know if it belonged with the "63" collar tab,,any info on the cuffband if it doesnt go with the tab???....thanks for the info,,Robert
    If the two came together, then, the Sturmband is for the 12th Sturm of Standarte 63. This type of cuff title was introduced into wear ca. late 1937/ early 1938.

Too bad the uniform itself is gone, but this is usually the case.

All the more why the surviving intact examples are of such merit and value.

Also, most sources (which are wrong...) will suggest that this cuff title is for an officer in the 12 Standarte, which might have been the case if the officer were in the Standarte staff of the 12 Standarte in the years 1934 or 1935 or so.

But such is likely not the case, as these post 1937 cuff titles have always been relatively plentiful, especially as a large hunk of them appeared in California from an old, wizened dealer in the recent past.

Happy regalia.

The above is such a minor aspect of the history of the III Reich that any sane person would fall out of their chair laughing at the sight of it. I am neither sane nor able to sit in chairs, really.

The issue interests me because many black uniforms do not have colored cuff titles, and the secondary sources grossly misinterpret the character of Allgemeine SS cuff titles at the company and field grades of command.

Such is a really picayune thing, but since I collect black uniforms, I was always at great pain to understand why these things were thus.

Also, one aspect totally misrepresented is this here: the use of the roman numeral to indicate the Sturmbann staff..... here is one of them, from Saarbruecken.

This uniform could have been worn by: Fourier, Goddecker or Kornmesser, if the rank lists serve me....

Such (i.e. this configuration) is in none of the sources, but several uniforms exists, and I even own two of them....

Bob Coleman does, too. This piece has a roman numeral "II" on the cuff.
    Attached Images Attached Images allgemeine SS tab 63 

wonderful uniforms all,,,thanks for the replies,,,Robert

wonderful uniforms all,,,thanks for the replies,,,Robert
    The acquisition of same was associated with much sacrifice and heartache, and these things have dried up with the economic crisis, in fact.

Also, they are not as wanted as Waffen SS uniforms, which is just as well, as these things here are more likely real and less conflicted in the determination of an original, intact piece.

But: jedem das seine, I always say....

Happy collar patch.

allgemeine SS tab 63allgemeine SS tab 63allgemeine SS tab 63allgemeine SS tab 63allgemeine SS tab 63As concerns roman numerals, this addition since 2009.

allgemeine SS tab 63as concerns roman numerals on SS cuff titles.