Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Allgemeine SS Uniform and hat

Article about: Up for review and opinions as to its authenticity. I may have a chance to get this WW2 German Allgemeine SS Officer's uniform and visor. Before I plan to mortgage my home, If at all possible

Quote by Obal7 View Post
    All excellent advice. Never been steered wrong.
    Sorry to disappoint you, but I have been disappointed many times in fifty two years. What I know I share here.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 07-25-2015 at 06:53 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Allgemeine SS Uniform and hat
    P
    Many

Allgemeine SS Uniform and hatAllgemeine SS Uniform and hatAllgemeine SS Uniform and hatAllgemeine SS Uniform and hatAllgemeine SS Uniform and hatAllgemeine SS Uniform and hatAllgemeine SS Uniform and hatAllgemeine SS Uniform and hatAllgemeine SS Uniform and hatAllgemeine SS Uniform and hatAllgemeine SS Uniform and hatIt took me a long time to be able to secure such items.

If you are going to collect SS material, you need to study original examples and understand correct terminology. You titled this thread as an "Allgemeine SS" uniform. This fake has nothing to do with the Allgemeine SS. It purports to be a uniform of the SS'VT Germania. The Allgemeine units never wore the SS runes. In most cases, the right collar tab was the number of the Standarte but in certain cases it could be blank. Black uniform does not equal "Allgemeine." The black uniform was the dress uniform of ALL branches of the SS
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Allgemeine SS Uniform and hatAllgemeine SS Uniform and hatAllgemeine SS Uniform and hatAllgemeine SS Uniform and hatAllgemeine SS Uniform and hatAllgemeine SS Uniform and hatAllgemeine SS Uniform and hatAllgemeine SS Uniform and hatAllgemeine SS Uniform and hatAllgemeine SS Uniform and hatAllgemeine SS Uniform and hatAllgemeine SS Uniform and hatAllgemeine SS Uniform and hatAllgemeine SS Uniform and hatAllgemeine SS Uniform and hatAllgemeine SS Uniform and hat
    Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    If you are going to collect SS material, you need to study original examples and understand correct terminology. You titled this thread as an "Allgemeine SS" uniform. This fake has nothing to do with the Allgemeine SS. It purports to be a uniform of the SS'VT Germania. The Allgemeine units never wore the SS runes. In most cases, the right collar tab was the number of the Standarte but in certain cases it could be blank. Black uniform does not equal "Allgemeine." The black uniform was the dress uniform of ALL branches of the SS
    Well said.

Allgemeine SS Uniform and hatAllgemeine SS Uniform and hatAllgemeine SS Uniform and hatAllgemeine SS Uniform and hatAllgemeine SS Uniform and hatAllgemeine SS Uniform and hatAllgemeine SS Uniform and hatAllgemeine SS Uniform and hatAllgemeine SS Uniform and hatAllgemeine SS Uniform and hatAllgemeine SS Uniform and hatAllgemeine SS Uniform and hat
    Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Dave, do not mortgage yourself for this one. It is all bad.

Cheers, Ade.
    Our master's voice!
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 07-25-2015 at 05:13 PM.

?

I guess my eye is not yet keen to the differences between the fake tunic and the original photos. I can see the obvious RZ / Rock SS tag and the differences of the lining in the hats. But I'm having trouble with the differences in the cut of the uniform, the collar tabs, piping etc.
    What is the most obvious indication to you that the uniform/tunic is a fake? The cut?, tags? Etc. Or all of them put together? It may be hard due to the black uniform in the photos. I'm sure it would be better in hand.
    What should I be focusing on when looking at the photos?. Yes! I need to learn the terminology and the over all concept for starters.

Allgemeine SS Uniform and hatAllgemeine SS Uniform and hatAllgemeine SS Uniform and hatAllgemeine SS Uniform and hatAllgemeine SS Uniform and hatAllgemeine SS Uniform and hatAllgemeine SS Uniform and hatAllgemeine SS Uniform and hatAllgemeine SS Uniform and hatAllgemeine SS Uniform and hatAllgemeine SS Uniform and hatThe overall impression of the items you have shown us is bad. The Baltic stinker cap matches the tunic, its Effekten, etc.

None of it matches a real example.

The tunic has been made from our pictures, but it has not been made like an original.

It is a poor imitation of the tailoring, worksmanship, cut and quality.

The only real way to learn these textiles is to have them in hand and for a long time.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 07-25-2015 at 09:02 PM.

Allgemeine SS Uniform and hatAllgemeine SS Uniform and hatAllgemeine SS Uniform and hatTextiles.....

This kind of tag usually does not appear with the black RZM/SS tag, although I have one correct uniform where it does.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast