Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Allgemeine SS uniforms with 2 shoulder boards?

Article about: Hallo guys, I am waiting for pictures form a seller that has an Allgemeine SS uniform for sale. My problem with it: it has 2 shoulder boards. Were these even made ????? (ill post pictures as

Allgemeine SS uniforms with 2 shoulder boards?Allgemeine SS uniforms with 2 shoulder boards?Allgemeine SS uniforms with 2 shoulder boards?
    Quote by Wilhelm Saris View Post
    I must check my material about the how and what.
    Anyway the SS price-list from November 1, 1940 shows a black
    service-dress for the Allgemeine-SS with one shoulder-strap;
    the field-grey for the Waffen-SS shows two of them.

With the article-numbers for the Allgemeine-SS the shoulder-strap
    is sold as a single item; the shoulder-straps for Wafen-SS as a pair.

If I have information about Reiter-SS or so, I do not know. Maybe!
    With the new regulation for the Reiter-SA in 1937 it was specifically
    said there was only one shoulder-strap The leather shoulder-belt was
    a double.

Thanks so much for your kind aid. We are very grateful that you lend your wise counsel to our struggles.

- - ------- - -

I own more or less twenty seven black tunics and overcoats, all of which just have one solitary shoulder strap.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Allgemeine SS uniforms with 2 shoulder boards?
    P
    Many

Quote by Vernichtung View Post
    Hallo guys,

I am waiting for pictures form a seller that has an Allgemeine SS uniform for sale. My problem with it: it has 2 shoulder boards. Were these even made ?????
    (ill post pictures as soon as i get them)

regards, Job
    As this inquiry is regarding if A-SS wore two shoulder boards my answer was that SSVT uniforms had 2 shoulder boards and they came in different colours in different years..
    Andreas, you are always the diplomat, but you stated in your 1st post that you was assuming he is taking about a black tunic.
    I actually own a Generals A-SS With only one shoulder board.
    Last edited by Silberkreuz; 05-03-2015 at 07:08 PM.

a grey Allgemeine SS uniform with two shoulder boards.

Grey Allgemeine SS uniforms are actually extremely rare.

Allgemeine SS uniforms with 2 shoulder boards?Grey Allgemeine SS uniform with two shoulder boards, whereby the bulk of the Sturm or Sturmbann or whatever retain the black uniform. AN undated image.

Like many I would be interested to see the actual item that started this thread, but in the interim here is a page from one of my notebooks that confirms that the double straps were an authorized aspect of SS uniforms. This may have only have been an early practice as, looking at Himmler's 1937 dress regulations for the Allgemeine-SS, it states quite categorically that all members wear only one strap.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Allgemeine SS uniforms with 2 shoulder boards?  

Allgemeine SS uniforms with 2 shoulder boards?Allgemeine SS uniforms with 2 shoulder boards?Thanks for the above. We may be talking past each other, as one can distinguish between a Schulterriemen and an Achselstueck or a Schutlerstueck.

It was even slightly more complex than the two descriptors you mention when it comes to the shoulderboards themselves. Here is a document that I found interesting. It refers to the introduction of boards for the new field grey uniform and uses "Achselstuecke" to refer to the traditional boards for leaders that were unchanged from the Allgemeine-SS pattern and "Achselklappen" to indicate the new army style cloth boards for the rank and file.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Allgemeine SS uniforms with 2 shoulder boards?  

Thanks for all your very fine documentary work and sharing these fine things with us here, and as you have for years.

Always a pleasure...

post 35 means the leather shoulder-belt was the double version
    leather shoulder-belt and has nothing to do with a shoulder-strap.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast