MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Allgemeine SS Visor - 80s fake?

Article about: Here is the cloth peaked cap of Mr. D'Alquen. It is on the right.

Allgemeine SS Visor - 80s fake?Here is the cloth peaked cap of Mr. D'Alquen. It is on the right.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Allgemeine SS Visor - 80s fake?
    P
    Many

".....Just need your confirmation that this is a fake from the 80s..."

and we suggested otherwise, to which the answer, then, is......?

?

The visor is at the very least partially re-attached- I'l like to see a close-up of the fabric of the visor, as well as that of the top. I'd also like to see exterior and "under the hood" shots of the entire width of the visor where it attaches to the cap. I've never seen a cloth-billed visor with this style of lining, but they are very rare and there were surely variations...

Quote by Arran View Post
    The visor is at the very least partially re-attached- I'l like to see a close-up of the fabric of the visor, as well as that of the top. I'd also like to see exterior and "under the hood" shots of the entire width of the visor where it attaches to the cap. I've never seen a cloth-billed visor with this style of lining, but they are very rare and there were surely variations...
    Thanks. The original poster, however, is gone with the mind...or with the wind..or gone with the whatever.

Mr. Arran has a keen eye for all rare and significant SS head wear.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 02-26-2014 at 04:50 AM.

One issue is the fabric of the visor itself, if it is of the type and of the period.

Maybe the Czechs fixed a cap that got wrecked?

In any case, I am out of my depth with this kind of thing.

Mr. Paul S. has his black officer's field cap with the cloth peak, which we have included here elsewhere.

Allgemeine SS Visor - 80s fake?here is the appearance of a nice grey officer's field cap in Scandinavia, not mine, by the way. Photo courtesy of Mr. Norge.

?

Hallo

The original poster has gone with the wind, well i would say that the poster is currently very surprised (und ganz durch den Wind)
    Why i was thinking this is a fake, i have bought it in the 80s and i have never seen a cloth peak attached to a cap.
    The source was also not very trustable, and there was no internet and many many so called experts in this years
    which where selling fakes only. Maybe this one was a lucky strike, lets see

Here are more detailed pics of the visor for the experts

some words to the cloth peak, when i rub the cloth i can feel
    that there is the original ?! peak underneath
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Allgemeine SS Visor - 80s fake?   Allgemeine SS Visor - 80s fake?  

Allgemeine SS Visor - 80s fake?   Allgemeine SS Visor - 80s fake?  

?

It looks like the cloth peak was reapplied and not original to the cap. But the cap looks original and I would love to have it in my collection. Nice score.

Yours is a real hat, where my guess would be that someone covered the peak with what looks like Trikotage textile of the era.
    I have never seen such a thing at such close range, but the cap is real, and likely with the Czech name in it, from a costume Fundus. We showed you the various field caps around, and this amendment on your item was not done by a professional. However, they appear to have used period cloth.....in the period? You tell me.
    You need the badges, and in the Neusilber mode, and these are hardly cheap.
    Happy hats.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 02-26-2014 at 11:01 PM.

Allgemeine SS Visor - 80s fake?Allgemeine SS Visor - 80s fake?Allgemeine SS Visor - 80s fake?Allgemeine SS Visor - 80s fake?Allgemeine SS Visor - 80s fake?Allgemeine SS Visor - 80s fake?Allgemeine SS Visor - 80s fake?Allgemeine SS Visor - 80s fake?Allgemeine SS Visor - 80s fake?Allgemeine SS Visor - 80s fake?Allgemeine SS Visor - 80s fake?Allgemeine SS Visor - 80s fake?Allgemeine SS Visor - 80s fake?Allgemeine SS Visor - 80s fake?Here are some of my hats, then.

Have collected same for forty plus years. In the 1980s, it is likely that said object was bagged in Tschechei, as were many others.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast