Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Allgemeine SS Visor Cap

Article about: This is another piece that belongs to the owner of the GRENZ - POLIZEI set...

Default Re: Allgemeine SS Visor Cap

I always enjoyed what RichieC posted here . . . and I missed out on what happened to chase him away. I agree - the posion does spread far. I had, and still have, higher hopes for this Forum - I do hope he returns some day . . . this cap, and most everything he took the time to share, was quite amazing.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Allgemeine SS Visor Cap
    P
    Many

Quote by N.C. Wyeth View Post
    I always enjoyed what RichieC posted here . . . and I missed out on what happened to chase him away. I agree - the posion does spread far. I had, and still have, higher hopes for this Forum - I do hope he returns some day . . . this cap, and most everything he took the time to share, was quite amazing.
    I am not really sure, either. I think it had something to do with a cussed grey Feldbluse of some kind, with the arcane and esoteric details of same that excite such feeling.

We all have high hopes for this forum and thank you for your service to same.

Hello fellas and thanks.

No, there are no hard feelings from me. I was not "chased away" by any means.

All the wonderful SS items I have shown in the past do not belong to me, and never will. And again, they are NOT FOR SALE.

I extend my sincere apologies to all who have PM'd me in the past months inquiring about the sale of these items; for my failure to respond, despite the numerous times I stated in the threads: THEY ARE NOT MY PROPERTY AND THEY ARE NOT FOR SALE.

The owner of these items is a fifty-year plus collector, and a computer illiterate. So, as a favor to him, as he wanted to share his gems with others, and as my duty as an administrator of this fine forum, I chose to do so in my spare time. Nevermind the negative comments about any particular item, as this is forumland , and ALL comments are greatly welcomed - and greatly appreciated.

In any case, the lack of further postings has much to do with my limited spare time. Lately, I do not have have much of it to even show some of my own (Soviet) items, and discuss the interesting subjects that are circulating in my section of interest.

Friedrich-Berthold; Thank you. You are quite the gentleman and you have my utmost respect as a fellow passionate collector.

Kindest regards to all,
    Richie
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

Dear Colleague, thanks to you and especially for the kind words. As a veteran of various fora, I have seen all too frequently how the high jinx that unfolds in such places chases away the good, and makes room for the bad. Perhaps I have too dark a view of human nature, but I come by same naturally. Anyway, we thank you for the generosity of your time and also salute your acquaintance and his 50 year collection, with its treasures.

When all of you become tired of all the fake cap "deathscull" badges and dorky runic collar patches in their endless and depressing number, then just look at our discreet, senior colleagues extraordinary pieces, and your hopes shall take wing once more.

And, we hope that the new members of the site will do all they can to keep this place a locale for the exchange of knowledge without all the filthy, vile and repulsive habits that are celebrated on other websites as marks of this brave, new world and its hard, new men.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Allgemeine SS Visor Cap  

This is the most amazing cap I have ever seen in my life, thank you very much for sharing it and also thank the fifty year collector for sharing it. Amazing.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    I'll happily pay said price tonight, cash money... This is an exceptional piece. Thanks for showing us. It is a cap from 1935, and also at a time when the ranks at this level were comparatively few. The cap was made in Munich by August Mueller, which made many of these special quality, extra wear caps. A real treasure and then some. Please put my name on the waiting list, even if it is for twenty years. These are faked, too, but this piece is authentic and first class. I also have a Mueller cap where the Hersteller number was stamped on the sweat band to absorb the excess ink just as is the case with this piece. Once more, a real treasure and thanks so much for showing us. One will see five thousand fakes of this cap before seeing a piece of this kind.
    My comments of four years ago apply more in 2013 than not. A wonderful cap. We can admire it each day and never tire of the thing. And its prongs pierce the satin, too.....
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 01-16-2013 at 09:02 PM.

WOW... my eyes lost a lot untill now!!!! Incredible gem!

'Pierced prongs'? Huzzah! Another example for the maroon experts to gnaw their knuckes over.

Greetings. Its a wonderful hat and I dont mean to detract from it, but is the sweatband leather or Alkor? A Mueller NCO visor hat advertised presently has a Alkor sweatband and the stitching beneath the visor looks very similar to this as well as other similarities.
    Have any members made a comparison in the aging and wear properties of the leather and synthetics?
    Thanks for all the great visor pictures and analyses from all contributers. Paul

Allgemeine SS Visor CapAllgemeine SS Visor CapIt has a leather sweat band. I have one just like it. The Mueller ones also had paper sweat bands of a sort, i.e. an Ersatz one.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast