Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Allgemeine SS Visor Cap

Article about: This is another piece that belongs to the owner of the GRENZ - POLIZEI set...

Default Re: Allgemeine SS Visor Cap

Thankyou Friedrich..unfortunately on my part that my scanner is not working as I would post the photo Of Maur wearing this type cap also. This photo can be seen on Thomas Wittmans Exploring the Dress daggers and Swords of the German SS..pg 520 gives a great afforded view of Prechter and Maur standing side by side..with a noticeable difference in the width. I will do my best do get this scanned and posted s my son has stepped and which the youth these days are more knowledge able in computers. Im lucky just to turn mine on. Thanks again. Best Regards Larry

side note Hugo prechter is also seen wearing the collar tabs of the SD and both men stand in the Black Uniform,,1936 timeline
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Allgemeine SS Visor Cap
    P
    Many

Allgemeine SS Visor CapAllgemeine SS Visor CapAllgemeine SS Visor CapAllgemeine SS Visor CapAllgemeine SS Visor CapAllgemeine SS Visor CapCrown piping can be quite gaudy in its appearance, in fact. To my regret, I have no black senior leader cap, since the real ones are quite rare. I would happily buy the cap here at the head of this thread, surely. It is perfect.
    The later caps were identical to the black officer caps I have included with the black silk or imitation silk interior.

These caps that I do own have a wide crown piping in white wool. Any black officer's cap is actually quite rare, regardless.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 07-01-2013 at 06:36 PM.

?

I marvel at the fine material posted on this forum. My thanks to Richie and FB for opening their treasures and the treasures of their colleagues to all of us.

CMH

Hello Gentlemen...I managed to Iphone photograph the pages in question and I do apologize if these photos take away from the thread,,but I though it is interesting to see the thickness of the piping. These are black and white photos only. Regards Larry
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Allgemeine SS Visor Cap   Allgemeine SS Visor Cap  

It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Allgemeine SS Visor CapThese things varied, surely. The piping on the senior cap is alu, and not silver wire, but I am not wholly sure. Paul Sack has or had a senior leader cap with silver wire piping, but the caps after 1934 or so had alu wire piping as seen on the cap at the start of this thread. This cap is from the late Pepera collection.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 07-01-2013 at 06:31 PM.

Allgemeine SS Visor CapAnother view of the Pepera collection piece. It is a cap with a silken cap cover.

?

first one I ever saw, Excellent

Allgemeine SS Visor CapAllgemeine SS Visor CapAllgemeine SS Visor Capof note Allgemeine SS Visor CapAllgemeine SS Visor CapAllgemeine SS Visor CapAllgemeine SS Visor CapAllgemeine SS Visor CapAllgemeine SS Visor Cap

Allgemeine SS Visor CapAllgemeine SS Visor CapAllgemeine SS Visor CapAllgemeine SS Visor CapAllgemeine SS Visor CapThese caps all made by Breiter in Munich. Not frequently seen....my warm thanks to a colleague for the chance to examine such a marvelous object and enrich our inquiry.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 07-13-2013 at 01:42 AM.

?

Very nice FB! This is a recent addition to your collection? It fits quite nicely. Thank you for posting these photos.

CMH

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast