Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Allgemeine SS Visor Cap - II

Article about: Gentlemen, Here I show another example belonging to the same owner. Showing these for him has been an honor for me, but I am trying to persuade him to learn how to post photos on his own and

Default Re: Allgemeine SS Visor Cap - II

Quote by d'alquen View Post
    Thanks, I would be very interested to see the citation you mention.
    Although general in nature, a letter from Pohl to the Reich Ministry of Finance in 1941 states:
    "The SS fundamentally avoids business endeavour for the sole purpose of making money...the very fact of our cultural goals leads our companies down certain paths that a purely private businessman would never dare... these goals damn our corporations to years of future losses."
    Probably self serving and with an agenda in mind, nonetheless it does capture the essence of SS business motivation. A business model that doomed most SS enterprises to failure and, on the smaller issue to hand, doesn't explain the extraordinarily high price on the sticker in the hat.
    D.
    Do let me quote in German, since I just came from there and it will be useful for all concerned. When I am rested, I will translate the passage. On p. 193 of the Naasner volume is the following:

"...Die Kleiderkasse hatte eine Doppelstellung. Sie erhob auf die Preise im Rahmen der Einzelhandelsbestimmungen die gesetzlich vorgeschriebenen oder geringere Einzelhandelszuschlaege. Sie hat grosse, in ihrer Hoehe unbekannte Gewinne erzielt, ueber deren Verwendung Georg Loerner bze. Lechler Auskunft geben koennte..."

This passage is what led me to suggest that the entity made a profit, to say nothing of the fact that the reliance on slave labor from an early time also must have made for easy profits, as well.

I cannot recommend these works on the economic enterprises enough to you all. One should look up the personnel files of August Franz Frank, Georg Loerner, and Alfred Bernlochner as being central to the manufacture and sale of SS uniforms.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Allgemeine SS Visor Cap - II
    P
    Many

Gentlemen,

The owner of the cap in this thread has given me images of the coordinating ensemble that he claims is native to the cap.

Unknowing about the validity of this claim, I show them in any case as it is a great pleasure for me to contribute to this forum.

I wish to add for the record, that I have never seen the space where this stuff is housed/displayed, never touched any of it, and have no interest other than showing it for all to see, enjoy, and comment about.

All items ARE NOT FOR SALE...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Allgemeine SS Visor Cap - II   Allgemeine SS Visor Cap - II  

Allgemeine SS Visor Cap - II   Allgemeine SS Visor Cap - II  

Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

The uniform is for the Allgemeine SS Standarte in Duesseldorf. Bob Coleman and or Bob Hritz have a similar tunic from another officer. What a wonderful, nice walking out uniform with all the possible features. I can imagine that the cap did indeed belong to this uniform and all its features seem alright, especially if all the loops are of the period.

A marvelous uniform, as nice as the Grenzpolizei one, and the fabulous general's cap. The long pants have the stamp of the maker of the textile, as well as the RZM/SS stamp of same. The presence of what looks like a real officer's belt, buckle to say nothing of the Kettendolch is extraordinary. One often hears rumors of preserved black uniforms, but this piece takes the cake, as it were.

Thank you again. If you show more of this kind, then I shall have a heart attack.

Many thanks and much good fortune to the owner.

These are examples of similar western German SS Standarten. But they were broken up into bits a long time ago. The cap that went with the Saarbruecken Sta tunic did I also own for a while (1977-1981) but then I sold it and got the tunic decades later (2004). The exception is to have and to hold all the bits preserved together as your friend does. Good for him and thanks so much for the nice display.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Allgemeine SS Visor Cap - II  

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    If you show more of this kind, then I shall have a heart attack.
    Many thanks for all the comprehensive info that I will surely pass on to the owner and will absorb myself.

He is glowing from all the nice compliments and the unknown (to him) facts that you have presented to him concerning his "stuff".

In any case, please, do not have a heart attack over a uniform, OK? Your opinions are too valuable to our forum...

The heart attack is reserved for guys like me that drink too much Ukrainian vodka, eat too much Italian cold cuts and cheeses, and don't exercise outside of the kitchen and/or the bedroom...

The Ukrainian vodka sounds quite good. I have had many fine Ukrainian officers as my students, in fact. I try to eat sensibly and drink in moderation, but professional life has ravaged my circulatory system all the same.

Thank you for the even more interesting images and all the best to you and the happy owner of these black textiles. I am sure one could figure out the original owner of the uniform, as he has many notable features, if, indeed, all these bits were found together in 1945 or whenever.

But the Grenzpolizei set, the general's cap and this Montur are spectacular.

Happy drinking and fatty foods. Life is short, after all.

This man Arnold was a peasant leader in s.w. Germany and certainly did not hold back with fatty food, I think.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Allgemeine SS Visor Cap - II  

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    The Ukrainian vodka sounds quite good.
    Tis...

I think most people can associate a smell or a taste to a place that they have joyfully experienced being to in the past. Nemiroff wheat vodka gives me both - the smell and taste during my first experiences in Sevastopol that led to the meeting between my wonderful wife and my sorry self...

In any case, all sentimentalism cast aside - as this is a MILITARIA discussion forum - here are a few more images I failed to post yesterday:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Allgemeine SS Visor Cap - II   Allgemeine SS Visor Cap - II  

?

I like vodka, as much the uniforms Richie. The insignia is fine, include SS type pips on the collartabs. Nothing wrong.
    Cheers, Dimas
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

I found my wife somewhat to the West along the Danube where the Alps end and the Carpathians begin. My family makes Hausbrenner Plinka or Schnaps. Now with the travel regulations of this unpleasant century, it is impossible to bring the stuff back home. I have to buy the Black Forest variant (Staufen) in the Munich airport, which meets the security guidelines and fits in the stupid anti terrorist baggee, but lacks the poetry and earthiness of the home made type.

The further pictures of the Duesseldorf uniform are wonderful and entirely to type. I especially like the the thicker collar piping vs. that of the collar patches, which are also spot on. A wonderful uniform. Once more, when the present owner grows weary of the blinding sight of all these fetid, black textiles, I would offer them refuge among other cast offs of the mid-20th century.

Here is an example from a somewhat less luxurious uniform from the Egerland/Karlsbad.
    Attached Images Attached Images Allgemeine SS Visor Cap - II 

A superb Officers Schirmmuetze, another stunning cap next to the Generals one. FB, yes this one EM/NCO visor is unissued Another complete black SS set just survived over in Germany, the biggest and completest set I know about.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast